• 7(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
smiller29 Wrote:I am having the same issue the thumbnails don't show up if I tell it to regenerate them it does but they don't stay there. if you leave the plugin and come back they are gone. I am using the plugin on Beta 2 and ATV2 and OSX and it is happening on both. I also use a MySQL DB that is shared with both installs of xbmc. Is this the way this was designed to work or should it save the thumbnails?

Did you set up sharing of the Thumbnails directory?

It certainly should show the thumbnails. I also use a central database and it works fine on all 6 client installs in our house. I suspect you didn't share your Thumbnails directory across the two clients. IIRC, the wiki has some information about how to do this.

If you think it's a bug in the plugin, please send me your debug log and I'll have a look.

-j
here is my log http://pastebin.com/3Lm7npzW

And other file AlbumData.xml is to big for me to post it is 6 meg in size.

I think the issue maybe related to my settings in the advancedsettings.xml file.

Quote:
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://10.0.1.3/Volumes/Data Drive/ATV2-DATA/SHARE_FOR_THUMBNAILS</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Also I delete the db file and rescanned the lib that did not help.

UPDATE: After making sure the AFP path was being used on the OSX install of xbmc and after removing the DB and the iphoto.xml file. I rescanned the lib and things are working there without issue anymore. But the ATV2 is still having the issue after doing all of the same things. The above log is from the ATV2.
smiller29 Wrote:UPDATE: After making sure the AFP path was being used on the OSX install of xbmc and after removing the DB and the iphoto.xml file. I rescanned the lib and things are working there without issue anymore. But the ATV2 is still having the issue after doing all of the same things. The above log is from the ATV2.

Odd... I don't see any problems at all in your log file. It looks like it's scanning all of the images successfully.

Have you tried changing the view (Pic Thumbs, List, etc)? Also what skin are you using?

-j
I am running the Transparency skin on both installs ATV2 and OSX.

I have also tried changing the views also. Anything using Thumbnail does not show them. If I select regenerate it creates them but they are just don't seem to stick because the next time you go back to view the event or album they do not show up.
smiller29 Wrote:I am running the Transparency skin on both installs ATV2 and OSX.

I have also tried changing the views also. Anything using Thumbnail does not show them. If I select regenerate it creates them but they are just don't seem to stick because the next time you go back to view the event or album they do not show up.

If that's the case, then this is likely an issue with XBMC (perhaps limited to the iOS port), not my addon. For the picture listings, all my plugin really does is feed XBMC with a list of the image files to scan. Beyond that, the display of the photo/thumbnail and EXIF information is all up to XBMC.

I'd try to help you further, but I don't have an ATV2 to test on and from the log, it appears it's doing the right thing. My father does have an ATV2 and he lives fairly close by, so if I get a chance tonight I'll go play with it on his.

The only other thing I can suggest at the moment is to try a different skin (preferably Confluence, since it's most likely to work with the latest XBMC builds).

-j
Sad 
Hi, I am afraid it will not work for me, as I have spent hours in trying to add video sources but always without success. As I am having access to all sources by other means on the ATV2 I will leave the subject and forget about your plugin. I own an iMac last generation with Lion and all shares work except for iPhoto, thanks for your help, best regards

jingai Wrote:You have to tell the addon where your library is. It will guess "~/Pictures/iPhoto Library" if you don't provide a path. It otherwise cannot know where your library is.

Either select "Add-on Settings" from the context menu or go to System->Settings->Addons and navigate to the iphoto addon to configure it.

-j
jingai Wrote:If that's the case, then this is likely an issue with XBMC (perhaps limited to the iOS port), not my addon. For the picture listings, all my plugin really does is feed XBMC with a list of the image files to scan. Beyond that, the display of the photo/thumbnail and EXIF information is all up to XBMC.

I'd try to help you further, but I don't have an ATV2 to test on and from the log, it appears it's doing the right thing. My father does have an ATV2 and he lives fairly close by, so if I get a chance tonight I'll go play with it on his.

The only other thing I can suggest at the moment is to try a different skin (preferably Confluence, since it's most likely to work with the latest XBMC builds).

-j

I have upgraded to Beta 3 and I am still having the issue on the ATV2 but it still is working correctly on the MAC OSX install of beta 3. Also I did tried the default skin and that made no change on the ATV2.

This is a really nice plugin when it works and I hope we can figure this out so I can get it working on the ATV2 and the big TV.
gerdehaas Wrote:Hi, I am afraid it will not work for me, as I have spent hours in trying to add video sources but always without success.

I don't really understand. If you can't add video sources, then XBMC won't work at all for you. If you could try to explain what the trouble is, I could perhaps help.

In a nutshell, you need to go to the Files Manager: navigate from the home screen to Video->Files. Select "Add Videos..." at the bottom of the listing. From the file browser that comes up, select "Browse" and then select the appropriate network browser, e.g., "Windows network (SMB)", "Network filesystem (NFS)", etc. Next, navigate to the share where your iPhoto Library is located. Name it and select OK. On the "Set content" dialog that comes up, select "None" where it says "This directory contains" and enable the checkbox labeled "Exclude selected folder from scans".

-j
smiller29 Wrote:I have upgraded to Beta 3 and I am still having the issue on the ATV2 but it still is working correctly on the MAC OSX install of beta 3. Also I did tried the default skin and that made no change on the ATV2.

I'm kind of at a loss at this point. I just checked it on my father's ATV2 and the thumbnails are appearing as they should. I don't know what's happening with yours Sad

smiller29 Wrote:This is a really nice plugin when it works and I hope we can figure this out so I can get it working on the ATV2 and the big TV.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully it's just a transient issue with the XBMC betas that will be resolved before it goes stable. I'll poke about a bit more and see if I can't spot something else that might cause this.

-j
I'm currently talking with a few XBMC developers about getting access to the network shares browser from within addons. Hopefully it will be worked out soon so you guys don't have to go through adding the dummy video source anymore.

I'll keep you all posted.

-j
smiller29 Wrote:I have upgraded to Beta 3 and I am still having the issue on the ATV2 but it still is working correctly on the MAC OSX install of beta 3. Also I did tried the default skin and that made no change on the ATV2.

Just curious.. do thumbnails show OK for Videos, Music, etc? I'm wondering if maybe it's a permissions issue? Although it should have shown that in the debug log, I think..

-j
Network shares should now be available to my plugin (and all plugins) as of git commit 40cb4b8d14badb8e90073d22a40c9ffd9f8b94d5, which means it will make it into XBMC 11.0.

No more need to add a dummy video source for you ATV2 users Smile

EDIT: forgot to mention that this will require an update of my plugin too, so you'll see it when I push out v1.7.2.

-j
jingai Wrote:I don't really understand. If you can't add video sources, then XBMC won't work at all for you. If you could try to explain what the trouble is, I could perhaps help.

In a nutshell, you need to go to the Files Manager: navigate from the home screen to Video->Files. Select "Add Videos..." at the bottom of the listing. From the file browser that comes up, select "Browse" and then select the appropriate network browser, e.g., "Windows network (SMB)", "Network filesystem (NFS)", etc. Next, navigate to the share where your iPhoto Library is located. Name it and select OK. On the "Set content" dialog that comes up, select "None" where it says "This directory contains" and enable the checkbox labeled "Exclude selected folder from scans".

-j

Hi Jingai, just to let you know that I meanwhile succeeded in adding video sources by entering afp:// etc etc. Now I can may my steps, but still having problems updating the library. I get script error addon.py any clues ont his for me, thanks
gerdehaas Wrote:Hi Jingai, just to let you know that I meanwhile succeeded in adding video sources by entering afp:// etc etc. Now I can may my steps, but still having problems updating the library. I get script error addon.py any clues ont his for me, thanks

I'll need your debug log to know what's going on.

-j
jingai Wrote:I'll need your debug log to know what's going on.

-j

Jingai, thanks, in order to produce the debug report I need your help. Can you please provide me with the steps how to do this. I own an iMac and a ATV2, thanks, Gerry
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1