• 23(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
Yes, you can point the add-on at your NAS if your iPhoto Library is stored there.
Hi ... how can i reset Plugin config / imported library info ? Tested a lot and it seems there are some link to old iphoto library. Now i want to reset all (plugin only) and import right iphoto library (managed by iphoto) again. Deinstallation of the plugin seem not delete all of plugin config
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Hi,
are Xmbc 12.3 + Mavericks 10.9.2 + iphoto 9.5.1 + iphoto plugin 2.1.10 compatible?
Yes, it has worked fine for me. Are you having a problem?
Yes, it doesn't work for me.
I'm an xmbc noob.

The structure of iphoto is imported (albums, faces...) but no photo displayed (black screens)
Thanks
Here is my log :
https://www.mediafire.com/?gc373a7ud4b1bbx

Thanks
The relevant error is:

Code:
ERROR: Error loading the current image 0: /Users/fabien/Pictures//Masters/2004/4 juil_2. 04/IMG_4640.JPG

First thing to check is to see if you can navigate to that file in Finder and open it in Preview or something. Make sure the path is exactly as shown. To be absolutely certain it exists, you can type this in Terminal:

Code:
cd "/Users/fabien/Pictures//Masters/2004/4 juil_2. 04"

If the file does not exist, there is likely a problem in the iPhoto add-on's configuration. Is your library managed or unmanaged?

If the file exists, unfortunately I don't know what's going on with XBMC. The actual process of displaying the images is a function of XBMC itself, so you'd need to ask in the XBMC support forum.
In the terminal if I type :
cd "/Users/fabien/Pictures//Masters/2004/4 juil_2. 04"
I get :
-bash: cd: /Users/fabien/Pictures//Masters/2004/4 juil_2. 04: No such file or directory

My iphoto library is managed.

In the plugin configuration :
If the path to iphoto is "/users/fabien/pictures", the structure of iphoto is imported (albums, faces...) but no photo displayed (black screens).
If the path to iphoto is "/users/fabien/pictures/bibliotheque iphoto/", I get "library import failed"
For some reason, it's detecting your library as Aperture. Is this library shared between Aperture and iPhoto?

edit: and really, "/users/fabien/pictures/bibliotheque iphoto/" should be the correct path. "/users/fabien/pictures" really shouldn't work at all, or.. hmm, I forget how I handled it, but it's possibly picking the default location; in which case, it could be importing your Aperture library, if you even have one.

Either way -- point the addon at "/Users/fabien/Pictures/Bibliothèque iPhoto" and re-try the import. Then send me the log file.
I have Aperture but never launched it. So no library shared between Aperture and Iphoto.

I've point the add-on to "/Users/fabien/Pictures/Bibliothèque iPhoto", library import failed as usual.

There are 2 iphoto library in "Bibliothèque iPhoto". Is that bad for the add-on ?

I've sent the links (xmbc log + screenshot finder) with private message. Thanks.
What do you mean you have two libraries in Bibliothèque iPhoto? iPhoto handles switching of libraries, but I'm pretty sure you can't have two in the same directory like that?

edit: Nevermind. Found the problem -- it's the è in the pathname. Can you try renaming the folder to "Bibliotheque iPhoto"? Then point the add-on at the new path and try to import again.

If this works for you, you can hold Option while loading iPhoto and tell it to use the newly-named folder too. I'll look into getting it fixed in the add-on, but this will likely at least get it to work for you for now.
Yeahhhhh! The "è" was the troublemaker!

Everything works now, thank you very much!
No problem. It's hard for me to test all of the unicode stuff since I am only an English speaker Smile But I will look into this more when I get the chance.

Sorry it took so long to sort out -- have just been really busy at work.
No problem at all Wink
thanks for the great support Smile
Thumbs Up 
Good morning to everyone!sorry for the question but i'm new for xbmc
I bought a minix where is installed xbmc gotham and i'd like to see the photos that i have on my mac (i use iphoto) on xbmc:i installed the addon but i don't know how to configure it:can u help me step-by-step?
thanks to everyone!!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1