• 2(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
bennydesign Wrote:Seems the smb mount doesn't work. Since ATV2 doesn't know "smbfs" everything is handled internally through XBMC. And that little thing is putting out the mentioned "smb://[...]" path.

Are you guys entering the smb path by hand, or are you browsing to a Video source you've added?

See this thread discussing the issue. Basically, you have to have the network share added in the Video section. Then point the plugin at that source.

If that doesn't help, let me know.

-j
jayhawk785 Wrote:Found this error so I installed simplejson (sudo apt-get install python-simplejson) then I restarted xbmc still same error.

Are you running a nightly or stable 10.x?

-j
jingai Wrote:Are you running a nightly or stable 10.x?

-j

Stable 10.1 - Going to try install addon simplejson next.
jayhawk785 Wrote:Stable 10.1 - Going to try install addon simplejson next.

It should have been installed automatically.. it's listed as a dependency for my plugin.

If you were running a nightly build of XBMC, it would make sense, because simplejson hasn't been updated for eden-pre yet.

Nonetheless, I think I have some modifications that will make the iPhoto plugin work for you ATV2 users. The problem was that I was originally comparing the modification date of the iPhoto XML with the one from the last import, but when using xbmcvfs it doesn't preserve the file stats, so instead I'm going to just compare the MD5 checksums.

I don't have an ATV which makes this kind of difficult for me. Is anyone with the know-how willing to replace the addon.py of their plugin on an ATV2 with a beta version so I can know for sure that the fix worked?

-j
v1.4.4 of the plugin (which should hit dharma soon) should fix these issues with the smb shares. I've tested it on three boxes here (two snow leopard macs and a debian linux unstable box) and it works fine. However, I don't have an ATV (1 or 2) so it's hard to be 100% positive, but I think I understand the situation well enough.

If anything is still awry, do let me know.

-j
Fixed mine by downloading:

http://anarchintosh-projects.googlecode....2.0.10.zip

and installing it via xbmc. Awesome plugin.

Thanks.
jayhawk785 Wrote:Fixed mine by downloading:

http://anarchintosh-projects.googlecode....2.0.10.zip

and installing it via xbmc. Awesome plugin.

Thanks. That's kind of worrisome that it didn't install the dependency on its own, but glad you got it sorted.

For you ATV2 users out there, the new version has been pushed up (1.4.4 for dharma and 1.5.1 for eden-pre) which should get things going for you.

-j
i've added it to the eden-pre repo now.
spiff Wrote:i've added it to the eden-pre repo now.

Thanks bunches!

He was claiming that simplejson didn't automatically install on dharma, though. Any idea why? I've got it listed as a dependency in the addon.xml.

-j
Unfortunately, the update brakes functionality for me. On starting up an error about addon.py shows up. This is shown in the log, but it's unclear to me what's wrong. I'm running XBMC on snow leopard on a macbook pro.

Code:
14:27:41 T:2953850880 M:288849920  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:27:41 T:2953850880 M:288849920   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
14:27:41 T:2953850880 M:288849920   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/Users/hildebrandsoethoudt/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py', 77, 13, "    with open(filename, 'rb') as f:\n"))
14:27:41 T:2953850880 M:288808960   ERROR:   File "/Users/hildebrandsoethoudt/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 77
                                                with open(filename, 'rb') as f:
                                                        ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
14:27:42 T:2691777856 M:288108544   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.iphoto/
14:27:42 T:2691777856 M:288108544   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.iphoto/) failed

Edit: I just found out that snow leopard has a 2.6.1 python in /usr/bin/ and that I have version 2.7 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python
It seems XBMC is shipped with its own python version, 2.4. And that version doesn't support the 'with ... as' syntax used. (it's supported since version 2.5, as stated in this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26850...hon-newbie)
Pavla Wrote:Edit: I just found out that snow leopard has a 2.6.1 python in /usr/bin/ and that I have version 2.7 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python
It seems XBMC is shipped with its own python version, 2.4. And that version doesn't support the 'with ... as' syntax used. (it's supported since version 2.5, as stated in this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26850...hon-newbie)

Yes, I just realized that. Very sorry -- I could have sworn I had tested it with dharma, but I was kind of tired that night.. next time I'll just be more patient..

I have a patch that makes it work on dharma now though. I'll push it up shortly.

-j
1.4.5 is up, which should get it working again for stable users (I did test this time lol).

Apologies for the goof.

-j
Hello, will your script work with win7 if I copy iPhoto library?
Just copy and run scrip, and I have the same error log to pavla. Have Drahma latest stable release win7, script ver 1.4.5
jingai Wrote:1.4.5 is up, which should get it working again for stable users (I did test this time lol).

Apologies for the goof.

-j

Many thanks! It's working for me again Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1