Wake from USB Keyboard
Question 
Hello I have a question about rc.local file.

I am running XBMC Live 9.11 on an Acer Revo 3610 and I am trying to get wake on USB working so I can turn the system on from my keyboard.

I have enabled wake on USB in the BIOS and I have read a guide on how to configure Ubuntu to do this. In order for the changes to take effect I have to add a line to my /etc/rc.local file.

This is the GUIDE I am trying to follow.

The issue is, after I reboot, my changes are lost. I used Unetbootin to make the Live ISO boot from a USB drive, even though, the .xbmc folder plus any files in it retain any changes on reboot, it seems the other folders and files get reset on every reboot. I did some testing and created some folders and files in the /etc/ folder and a few other places and sure enough they disappeared after reboot.

So then I tried to install some updates by running
sudo apt-get upgrade
And after reboot all changes were lost and it wanted to install the exact same packages.

So I am just wondering if anyone else got wake on USB working on the Live image and what method was used to do this.

Thanks for your help.
Thumbs Up 
Well I have been able to solve one of my problems, but I still having issue starting up form USB keyboard.

I used the info in This Post to create a 'live-rw' file using TopoResize. I used this tool on Windows and it added the .img extension onto the file, so it created a file called: live-rw.img

In order to get it to work, I had to rename it to just: live-rw

So now when I make changes to any Ubuntu files, they are not lost after reboot, and I have been able to update my rc.local successfully. I have set both USB0 and USB2 to 'enabled' but I am still having no luck with the power up.

Can anyone suggest anything else I could try? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake from USB Keyboard0