external link with addon-repositories
http://code.google.com/p/linklist-xbmc-repositorys/
I made this because I think it is a bit difficult to search inside the forums
for not offical repositorys.
Seem a little over kill to me. Would have thought a page on the wiki would be more suitable for something like this.

Then individual authors can add / edit / amend whenever needed.
Sorry but I asked several times for a list like this.
Should I add them to the wiki ? This maybe the point to learn more about wiki ? :_)
Regards Hans
Is up to you - personally i think it will be more likely (and appropriate) that these links are contained in the wiki - it would be the first place i would check for things like this.

Also, it can be user maintained / updated as and when required so there is no burden for any single person to maintain it. As with most opensource projects, people come and go, priorities shift, etc... with the wiki anyone can maintain it.
Thanks! I was looking for this and stumbled upon it by accident. Smile
Obviously repos for the new addons method are still scarce. Hopefully There will popup a lot more soon.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:T
Obviously repos for the new addons method are still scarce. Hopefully There will popup a lot more soon.

100 % ACK

I guess a lot of poeple do fear that a personal killer script or plugin is not ported to the new addon-system. And this is may the reason they do not upgrade to Dharma. Let us make a example:

My personal xbmc killer applications are :

- Videomonkey (I do not see a repository for this ...)
- ProgramLauncher
- Mythbuster plugin
- Apple Movie Trailers (btw. works like a charm ,-)
- National Geographics plugin.
- Mythbox (I saw that the work for the new addon-system has began...)

By now this commes to the following :

- A lot of poeple do porting scripts and plugins multiple times to the new
addon-system (The same work will be made several times ...)
- For the end-user it will be very difficult to find a source that may contain a running ported script or plugin. A generic section with links to external repositorys inside wiki would may help.

Cheers from the desert called "switzerland" ;-)
Hans
which is WHY we are stressing that unless your add-on has issues with dmca or the likes, please oh please submit them to the official repo.
I do unterstand you point and do remain as ppa-repository ....
(you may understand my point as well ..)
regards Hans
sure, was a general answer to the users-having-a-hard-time-finding-stuff point of yours.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
external link with addon-repositories0