Beautiful HTPC mini-ITX case at good price
Hello,

I have found a beautiful HTPC mini-ITX case at good price in Italy: ITX 288 (or Bellini on http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/cat193_l2.php?n=1) ; I hope this information is useful to other people here who were looking for a nice case.

For a long time I have been looking for a nice mini-ITX case. Antec and Lian-Li cases are all well made, but they are all too big for my taste, and too expensive. On the other hand, compact cases such as the minibox M300 are not very pretty and I would not be happy having them in my living room (in particular it got a bad wife acceptance factor).

The ITX288 it is compact, pretty and cheap. I have already order one. The only thing remaining now is to install my Zotac IONITX-B-E and the latest XBMC and I hope my family will like it this time.

Cheers, peter.
PeterW Wrote:I hope my family will like it this time.

Pick up a Logitech Harmony and ensure they will like it because it will be easy then....

Thanks poofyhairguy,
one thing that would be nice, I'll need a remote control and the corresponding IR receiver, USB most likely, that can boot the PC when I press the power button on the remote control. Does the Logitec harmony work with any IR receiver, which one would you recommend?
Ah yes: from what I understand different consumer IR receivers work at different frequencies. But I am not quite sure what determines compatibility of IR remotes and receivers. I am sure though, that you cannot mix and match.
peter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beautiful HTPC mini-ITX case at good price0