[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 7
Hi All,

I've recently bought the AMBX starter pack for use with XBMC and have it all set up and working (kind of) was hoping to find others who are using it under Windows and see how they have configured it to get the best out of it..

I'm running the latest SVN which may be part of my problem. AMBX Forum says there should be an XBMC profile option in the AMBX software but it's not there for me.. i'm guessing they are basing it on the stable build but still need to check that.

Anyone else out there using this under Windows?
I dont have much experience in Windows (It works excellent in Live/Linux with boblight). I do remember though when I first bought it, I read several times in forums not to use the CD that it comes with and to download the latest ambx software/driver from the web site.

I believe the ambx software rather than XBMC itself has the software options for different profiles eg xbmc, VLC.
is this for philipps products only?
i am searching for a solution, which works with my samsung lcd, win 7 and xbmc.

any hints?
Yeah, ambx has stopped working somewhere between build xbmc-r32416-Dharma and xbmc-r32584-Dharma.

I tried removing and reinstalling everything in ambx but it doesnt help. Maybe something happened to the .exe making it somehow unrecognizable for ambx.
Oh no!!
I just bought an AMBX system to use it for XBMC.
Can somebody fix it, pleeeeaseSad
Works in Dharma live for me Harry, so maybe thats an option?
Hi, go back on the version Xbmc r32393 Dharma (01.08.2010). Then functions xbmc with ambx under win7 64 bit, in any case, as a "Game"Huh in the Control- Manager.
are there any news on newer builds working with ambx again?
or does any1 know, what has changed immediately after the last working build that causes ambx profiles not to function anymore?
I've got a thread running on the ambx forums where they are looking into why XBMC is no longer showing up as a media player.. personally i have it set to the rts profile and it's pretty good.. will update here when we hear something on the other thread.

By the way.. i've used the auto updater to get the latest svn for xbmc and my ambx is still working.. does this mean it's not pulling down the Dharma branch?
i have no clue :/
+1 on no clue and the fact some one just trumpt me on ebay on an ambx starter kit :-(
bad luck on getting outbid.. just checked and ebuyer dont seem to have them anymore Sad

for those interested, this is the link tot he post on the ambx forum :

http://www.ambx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3799
it's still the problem, that from build 32407 on, ambx doesn't work anymore at all with xbmc.. it's not getting recognized anymore.. with builds older than 32407 everything's fine.. but as i'd like to be up2date, it's not that satisfying at the moment, to have a non-working ambx... so i'll have to stik to 32407 for the moment..

no one really seems to have a clue what has changed since then, that might have caused ambx not to work anymore.. must be sth. with the xbmc.exe-file, that it doesn't get recognized as media-player anymore... Sad
Hope it will be fixed until the final release of DharmaSad
We moved to Direct3D9 Ex recently, that might be the cause.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 70