[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 7
Just a bit of info for windows 7 sp1 user too. I did a fresh install with the SP1 and found that you have to use the 3.60 fxgen drivers not the 3.62 drivers that show up when you update via the software as these were causing some strange crashes.

You may have to register at the ambx beta forum to be able to download them.
Got myself Madcatz Cyborg amBX... was a PIA to actual get working in Win7 (Required fresh install of Win7, no updates)... but about 40 hours later of testing, got it working in Win7... and it was cake getting it to work in XBMC, didn't have to do a single thing Big Grin
Hi there!

I'm using Windows 7 (SP-1), XBMC 11.0 Eden Beta 2 & Philips amBX amilights. Lights are all working fine apart from XBMC. The software recognizes XBMC.exe, but its profile is set to 'unknown' and there's no other option in the drop down list.

I've tried this fix:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

But it doesn't seem to matter. Any help?
Friends,

I need your kind help.
i have just procured the Mad Catz Cyborg amBX Gaming Lights (http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/ambx.htm) and have followed your instructions for Openelec on:

http://openelec.tv/forum/44-cool-things ... me-theater

I have installed the boblightd package from the openelec repository from under All Addons -> Services
I have renamed boblight.conf.sample to boblight.conf and also Renamed boblight.X11.sample to boblight.X11

The lights dont come on. I havent edited the boblight.conf file since I do not know how to set this up,. Both my lights are connected to USB and I would like to have ambient lighting on all the time.

Please can you guide me to configure the Lights using openelec.

Many thanks .

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shiva
(2010-08-05, 21:32)abfmdf Wrote: I dont have much experience in Windows (It works excellent in Live/Linux with boblight). I do remember though when I first bought it, I read several times in forums not to use the CD that it comes with and to download the latest ambx software/driver from the web site.

I believe the ambx software rather than XBMC itself has the software options for different profiles eg xbmc, VLC.

Before I Jizz my pants, is there a possibility that my AmbX set can be controlled on a RaspberryPI/Mele A2000 in XBMC using boblight? Shocked

(2012-02-24, 19:00)Liquid-X Wrote: Hi there!

I'm using Windows 7 (SP-1), XBMC 11.0 Eden Beta 2 & Philips amBX amilights. Lights are all working fine apart from XBMC. The software recognizes XBMC.exe, but its profile is set to 'unknown' and there's no other option in the drop down list.

I've tried this fix:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

But it doesn't seem to matter. Any help?

Just run the AMBX control app as administrator..
Will amBX work on Windows 7 with XBMC 11 Eden Stable Release using amBX software (not boblight) ?
Will it recognize properly XBMC.exe and will it be possible to set the default or media player profile ?
I currently use Openelec but I cant get amBX working with boblight and I am thinking about running XBMC on Win 7.
Thank in advance for any reply.
Best regards
New version AmbiBox 2.1.4 released.
In the new version added direct capture from XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 70