[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 7
Any chance on how to fix that for future updates? Or a workaround for us AMBX users?
bobo1on1 Wrote:We moved to Direct3D9 Ex recently, that might be the cause.

Thanks bobo1on1, i'll drop this on the ambx forums!
when you guys are saying it doesn't work atall... that's not my experience, i have it running and its detected as an application.. just not a media player.. it's working OK with the gaming profiles.. do you guys get nothing atallHuh
danmedhurst Wrote:when you guys are saying it doesn't work atall... that's not my experience, i have it running and its detected as an application.. just not a media player.. it's working OK with the gaming profiles.. do you guys get nothing atallHuh

which svn revision are you actually using? cuz' with the newest builds, ambx doesn't work at all anymore..
exactly, i dont mind running it with the default profile.. but since the revision i mentioned there is no profile showing up at all.
Does anyone know if A.R.E (ambient reality effects http://www.arfx.nl/) has the same problems? It is a similar product and I'm saving up to buy a kit.

TIA

Xervantes
right, ive checked and am running 32102 which the updater says is the latest... obviously not Smile

An alternative for you guys having problems with it might be to try using the synthesia software? that doesn't need to recognise the app and just watches the screen..

http://www.ambx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2766

Alot more configurable too to get the results you want. I'm going to give it a go now.
ok.. nope.. still no go with synthesia...
did you try the latest svn with synesthesia?
i tried the latest dharma from here : http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

with synthesia (aurora) and no go Sad
that's because aurora doesn't work with directx-based stuff normally... it's just for desktop effects..
anyone have a solution yet? im running one of the latest dharma releases (xbmc-r33240-Dharma.exe) and it still aint working. i have xbmc showing up in my ambx manager (as a game) but that is from the old camelot build i had before updating. when i start xbmc nothing happens.
but how can this be direct3d's fault...games use it aswell and they work with ambx
Sad
anyone found something out yet?
nope, no news so far.
Just bought a starter pack, all excited. After some fight getting amBX installed on my Revo (Windows 7 64-bit), I followed the wiki, and it installed finally. I can use DirectControl without problems, and windows media player with the crappy music thing works.

After finding this thread, I tried installing the 32380 build of the Dharma branch. The amBX application manager seems to find it, but lists the profile as DISABLED, and I cannot change, even though I can pull down the drop down menu.

Any suggestions?
ncnmra Wrote:Just bought a starter pack, all excited. After some fight getting amBX installed on my Revo (Windows 7 64-bit), I followed the wiki, and it installed finally. I can use DirectControl without problems, and windows media player with the crappy music thing works.

After finding this thread, I tried installing the 32380 build of the Dharma branch. The amBX application manager seems to find it, but lists the profile as DISABLED, and I cannot change, even though I can pull down the drop down menu.

Any suggestions?

Not tried that build however to be honest, until either AMBX or XBMC figure out why it's not working with the Dharma builds then it's a losing battle trying to figure this out at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 70