[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 7
it's not only the dharma builds. even with the normal DX builds it's not working anymore... Sad
So it's looking more likely then that the suggestion earlier about the switch
d3d is the cause..

I'll cross post that on the AMBX forum unless someone already has...
^^^ I think it has been posted on the AMBX forum already...is AMBX actively in development? I couldn't find the starter pack anywhere except from some computer liquidation place. I think its a cool concept.

In the mean time, is there ANY build of XBMC that is CONFIRMED working? I had an older DS player build (something like 25xxx) that did the same thing (profile dropdown only showed DISABLED).
Doesn't work in Dharma beta 1 and beta 2. AMBX forum isn't very active and it doesn't seem there will be any updates for AMBX at all since Philips cancelled the production..

I loved the experience though, have 2 starter kits behind my TV, really mis it. Also, it's a problem in XBMC itself. In a Dharma night build, don't know the number, it worked great. Only the most recent beta stuff and the latest builds before the beta, have the problem.

I hope someone can look in to it...thanks!
I don't think it will ever be fixed in the future... kinda sad, i liked the experience, too, but I don't want to stick with this older dharma build forever, now... Sad

perhaps an xmbc-dev might help to figure it out?
I'd put my money on r32465. It caused issues with fraps.
To confirm, please place the following in your advancedsettings.xml file (or merge with what's already there):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
HAHA Big Grin You're the man!!! Big Grin It's working again with the latest build! THX a LOOOOOOOOOT Big Grin
Heh, seems ambx doesn't have a hook for PresentEx then.
I'll revert that commit. We don't need PresentEx, it didn't help with the intel issue I was tracking at the time.
So you won't need anything in the advancedsettings file.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for checking it out CrystalP!
Fantastic! Off to try this now.. Cheers guys

Edit : Works, AMBX is still picked up as an unknown app but atleast we are back to where we started Smile
with the switch enabled i get choppy-er menu movement, like it's ignoring v-sync..... does that make sense?
Louike Wrote:with the switch enabled i get choppy-er menu movement, like it's ignoring v-sync..... does that make sense?

same here... that'S the drawback using ambx in xbmc because ambx is quite cpu-hungry... live with it...

but - another thing.. my cpu usage while watching SD & HD stuff is now at about 30% - was at 6-7% with the last working build that supported ambx??
FattyMcDirty Wrote:same here... that'S the drawback using ambx in xbmc because ambx is quite cpu-hungry... live with it...

What hardware are you running it on?
My boblight implementation in xbmc (still under development) doesn't use much cpu and doesn't slow down the rendering, but my desktop pc is reasonably fast.
FattyMcDirty Wrote:same here... that'S the drawback using ambx in xbmc because ambx is quite cpu-hungry... live with it...

but - another thing.. my cpu usage while watching SD & HD stuff is now at about 30% - was at 6-7% with the last working build that supported ambx??

That's not the case for me, previous builds were silky smooth with ambx enabled. When i add the switch to beta2 it gets choppy while cpu is very low.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 70