[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 7
Louike Wrote:That's not the case for me, previous builds were silky smooth with ambx enabled. When i add the switch to beta2 it gets choppy while cpu is very low.

which one was the latest smoothest for you? (build no pls)
FattyMcDirty Wrote:which one was the latest smoothest for you? (build no pls)

r32416 (i thought you would know this thread by heart now Wink)
Reading back through the posts, I can't quite see what I need to do to get AMBX going again or should it just work with Beta 2?
Will try it tonight, thank you very much for giving us a fix!
Dannydeman Wrote:Will try it tonight, thank you very much for giving us a fix!

I still can't work out what the fix is, or what I have to do.

I think I need a kickstart in the right direction, if anyone is feels like mollycoddling a donut, give me a kick!
Scottola Wrote:I still can't work out what the fix is, or what I have to do.

I think I need a kickstart in the right direction, if anyone is feels like mollycoddling a donut, give me a kick!

Is that really so difficult to understand?

CrystalP Wrote:I'd put my money on r32465. It caused issues with fraps.
To confirm, please place the following in your advancedsettings.xml file (or merge with what's already there):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>
Siutsch Wrote:Is that really so difficult to understand?

I did do that in the advanced settings file, but nothing seemed to happen, I thought I had to create some kind of log file and then when CrystalP said this

CrystalP Wrote:I'll revert that commit. We don't need PresentEx, it didn't help with the intel issue I was tracking at the time.
So you won't need anything in the advancedsettings file.

I thought doing what I did wasn't necessary (but it may just be I don't know enough about it) and there was something I was missing, but it must be that I just don't understand if they are just supposed to start working again or if there is extra steps to take.
You probable need to wait for a new beta or perhaps the final until the latest commits are actually in the build.

The switch works on beta2 for me even-tough allround xbmc performance gets really bad.... i might try the rivatuner 3doverider tool again... Smile
Louike Wrote:You probable need to wait for a new beta or perhaps the final until the latest commits are actually in the build.

The switch works on beta2 for me even-tough allround xbmc performance gets really bad.... i might try the rivatuner 3doverider tool again... Smile
I think that's what I'm going to have to do, as I've had no luck, but appreciate your help.
As louike said.

Is the performance worse than Camelot or similar? Not that I have any idea what to do to help.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've applied the fix to dharma beta 2 and everything is working great and no performance issues...
Does anybody know if it still works in Dharma 10.0? I am thinking about picking up a set cause it looks so damn cool.

If XBMC is only recognised as a game will it still work?? Or what do i need to do to make it work??

Thanks !!
Update for anyone who wants to know. Win7, AMBX XBMC Dharma 10 together work like a charm without the need for xml editting. I am loving it... thinking about getting a second ambx set Big Grin
Yep, everything works fine with Dharma 10.
It's still seen as a game and not a media center and things have gone quiet on the AMBX forum so i doubt that's going to change.

If anyone finds a source (in the UK) for the starter kit at a decent price, let me know! Looks like AMBX hardware is moving over to Mad Catz which would be why these kits were so cheap for a while.
OK not exactly XBMC related, but a warning to users of AMBX.

I had Windows 7 x64, Dharma and AMBX working great, but after I install the Ambx driver on a new install of Windows 7 SP1, it kills windows and requires a fresh windows install to fix!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC with AMBX - Windows 70