New script.module pysqlite and pil not compiling under linux 64bit
Maybe it's me, the two new script.modules pysqlite and pil don't seem to be made during a compile from svn, though beautiful soup and simplejson compile fine. The script I am working on uses pysqlite to access the music database, and it it would be nice to be able to test it properly. My Windows build works fine. I did manage to find and compile pysqlite2 and manually created the script.module.pysqlite module.(and yes my script worked fine.)

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm not sure where to check to see if I'm compiling it wrong.
I believe neither are currently built on OS X or linux direct from make. There's makefiles there for you to run separately, however.

Downloading and building the modules during a make compile is apparently not the done thing under *nix operating systems (i.e. it should really be the distro's responsibility).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, so I'm not going crazy then... ok, not completely crazy.. I found the the make file in the svn, and created my own copy(using the makefiles)

Thanks... for the reply... allows me to get to be that much closer to submitting the script to the official repo..
Answered my original question. Compiled pysqlite, but still get complaints about pysqlite2 not being there
GJones Wrote:Answered my original question. Compiled pysqlite, but still get complaints about pysqlite2 not being there

I seem to have fixed your problem today. The makefile for some reason puts the pysqlite2 directory two-deep. Ie:

/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.modules.pysqlite/pysqlite2/pysqlite2/<files>

Manually go in there and change it to:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.modules.pysqlite/pysqlite2/<files>

In other words, move the second pysqlite2 directory up one level, and all will be well. I did this to get the full Apple Movie Trailers working.

Travis
It should be:
Code:
script.module.pysqlite/lib/pysqlite2/__init__.py
The Makefile (under lib/addons/) is the same for PIL and pysqlite - are they both incorrectly specifying DESTDIR ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just submitted a patch to TRAC that fixes this..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9818
giftie Wrote:I just submitted a patch to TRAC that fixes this..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9818

Perfect thanks giftie. After I fixed it locally I didn't have time to dig deeper into why it was doing it.

jmarshall: the PIL module is fine, it worked out-of-the-box (although it would be nice if these modules were integrated into the full-build makefile so they didn't have to be manually compiled and installed).

Also, the python24.zip file (at least in the Ubuntu SVN PPA) is not correct -- it is always the 32-bit version, and requires a 64-bit user to compile the svn him/herself and manually copy over the zip file. If I find time I will search trac and try to see if it is a known issue.
I originally adjusted the files the same way you did, then forgot about it as well. When I saw the post today, I thought nah, it doesn't do that, but it does and that just made me curious.. It's especially important to me since my script depends on sqlite and now pil...
shockwave Wrote:Also, the python24.zip file (at least in the Ubuntu SVN PPA) is not correct -- it is always the 32-bit version, and requires a 64-bit user to compile the svn him/herself and manually copy over the zip file. If I find time I will search trac and try to see if it is a known issue.

It's in trac already: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9491

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New script.module pysqlite and pil not compiling under linux 64bit0