Use-Scene-Search feature - Animated Video Thumbnail Previews like on PS3 and PSP?
Lightbulb 
I thought that was the only good feature of the PS3 playback when streaming from ps3 media center, you hit the Square button and you then get thumbnails of the action that turn into animated thumbnails in increments of lets say 1min, but configurable to 5min etc. This way instead of fast forwarding you can hit that button then go to the minute you know of or recognize the still shot of the scene and just begin playing there. Anyone that has played back a video with a ps3 will know what I am talking about and its a great feature!
The psp has the same thing. It's a quite sweet feature. Abit hard to implement thou.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a similar feature to the scene search on the ps3.

Here is some info about it:
http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/mo...ne-Search/

Basically it gives you a timeline with screen shots with at selectable intervals, you can change the interval and then just select one to start viewing the video from that point.

I know you can type in the time you want to start viewing from but you dont always know what time you want to start viewing at.

Sorry for poor explanation, maybe someone who knows the feature Im on about could explain it better.
I apologise if this has been requested already.

I nice feature i like from sony ps3 is the use-scene feature, something like this in XBMC would be nice, and the scene search should be configurable i.e. 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes etc.

http://ie.playstation.com/ps3/support/mo...ne-Search/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use-Scene-Search feature - Animated Video Thumbnail Previews like on PS3 and PSP?1