Network Connectivity Issues
Hi all,

I have been trolling these forums for weeks now sorting out little issues here and there but have finally come up against a brick wall that warrants this post.

I have XBMC Live installed on a Zotac ION Atom setup, and although I have full network/internet connection from terminal (can ping my server, router, google etc), XBMC just wont have it. I have no internet (RSS feeds dont show) and attempting to access my shares (Windows Home Server 2003) I get the notorious Error 2: Shere Not Avail.

I initially had some major issues getting wireless connectivity from the built-in Atheros adapter but have managed to sort them (using WICD) thanks to a few helpful posts around the boards and ubuntu forums.

I am in no means a nix guru but I have managed to update my repo lists and install the latest samba packages etc but to no avail.

Now I'm just stumped. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I have seen some posts suggesting making changes to my smb.conf?

Thanks in advance.
Media Centre: Atom Dual-Core - Nvidia ION - 4GB RAM - 250GB HDD - Blu-Ray - XBMCbuntu 11.0 - ReFocus
Server: FreeNAS 8 - 8x 1TB Seagate Baracuda RAID-Z - SABnzbd - SickBeard - CouchPotato
When you add a new source write smb://<ip_of_win2003>/<share_name>
Example:
smb://192.168.1.40/movies
Alternatively you can update xbmc to the latest svn and all should be well.

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
Sad 
burritoboy9984 Wrote:Alternatively you can update xbmc to the latest svn and all should be well.

-Erik

Erik,

I would like to do this as well, but unsure of how to do it. I have version 9.11 installed right now. I have added the SVN repository via:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn

however when I try to run:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc

It tells me that xbmc is already at the newest version. I am a newbie to ubuntu, so I am not sure if perhaps I need to remove xbmc beofre I try to install the SVN copy. If so, what is the command to uninsall it? Thanks.
At the moment the SVN is broken so you will not get a new version.
Thanks for your quick reply guys. Just to confirm kaistian, are you refering to my smb config file or when adding sources in xbmc?

Also, is there another way I can update xbmc to the latest build?
Media Centre: Atom Dual-Core - Nvidia ION - 4GB RAM - 250GB HDD - Blu-Ray - XBMCbuntu 11.0 - ReFocus
Server: FreeNAS 8 - 8x 1TB Seagate Baracuda RAID-Z - SABnzbd - SickBeard - CouchPotato
TehCrucible Wrote:Just to confirm kaistian, are you refering to my smb config file or when adding sources in xbmc?
Adding source in xbmc.

TehCrucible Wrote:Also, is there another way I can update xbmc to the latest build?
You could compile it yourself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Connectivity Issues0