"queen greatest hits dvd" vobs don't work propertly on latest Dharma betas
"queen greatest hits dvd" vobs don't work propertly on latest betas.

With: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...Dharma.exe
Asrock ION330, W7 and lastest nvidia drivers (19-07-2010)
DXVA ON

Every video i have tested works perfectly, HD and SD, h264, mpeg2. I have many vob files extracted from original dvds and it seems that it play fine and use DXVA to play them, but with "queen greatest hits dvd" vobs (with DTS) the video and audio don't work (audio choppy and video shows some strange squares).

These files plays perfectly with camelot 9.11 release.

Sorry no log, i'm at work.
no log no help Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:no log no help Smile

http://pastebin.com/23iaArG3
One of the video clips that fails:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPUF13UN
Okey, log shows nothing out of the ordinary.. Sounds like a potential regression in ffmpeg then.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Two more things:

Finally the audio works perfectly (sorry).
If DXVA2 is disabled the video plays perfectly.

Cheers.
Okey, so it's a dxva2 issue then. Then it's more understandable. Sadly very little we can do about it.

Mochilote,
Post your findings on the ffmpeg site. Create a bug report for them. I think that is your best bet for a future fix.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Before doing that.. verify the issue with VLC player. The ffmpeg dev that added support is a vlc dev.

You need to go into settings and enable hardware acceleration for ffmpeg for it to use dxva.

Sorry i just come from some vacation at the beach Nod

Some more things about the error:

I have tried vlc-1.2.0-git-20100812-0002-win32 with hardware decoding enabled and runs perfectly with the problematic files. (I just know it was enabled the hardware decoding because I enabled it on settings and vlc program cpu usage was close to zero).

I have tried latest xbmc beta (xbmc-r32710-Dharma.exe) and the error is still there. I discovered that some of the Queen videos work well, the ones which has video average bitrate to 5500Kbps, but most of them have average bitrate 5800Kbps and plays with the error (with dxva2).

Maybe someone else could test it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPUF13UN

Cheers.
Quote:I have tried vlc-1.2.0-git-20100812-0002-win32 with hardware decoding enabled and runs perfectly with the problematic files. (I just know it was enabled the hardware decoding because I enabled it on settings and vlc program cpu usage was close to zero).

I have tried latest xbmc beta (xbmc-r32710-Dharma.exe) and the error is still there. I discovered that some of the Queen videos work well, the ones which has video average bitrate to 5500Kbps, but most of them have average bitrate 5800Kbps and plays with the error (with dxva2).
The error is still in the version xbmc-r32808-Dharma. Well, now the audio does not work either Blush The DTS passthrought is broken...

Someone has tested the video? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPUF13UN

If the error is not in vlc, may it be resolved when xbmc upgrade ffmpeg to its latest version or is a xbmc related error?

Thanks in advance.
I am sorry to say that still fails on xbmc-r33040-Dharma 23-Aug-2010...

It is unfortunate that there is no time to put some option to fix it in dharma, as suggested in the forum:

There is any possibility to activate dxva only for HD content?
Selective use of DXVA in Dharma?

Maybe I should try xbmc live when dharma release finally.

Cheers.
Just play the dvd as it's meant to be from the ifo instead of the vobs..

elupus Wrote:Just play the dvd as it's meant to be from the ifo instead of the vobs..

I'll try the dvd's.

The vobs i'm playing are the songs clips (dvd chapters) extracted with "DVD Decrypter", they play perfect in all windows players except xbmc+dxva.
If i play the original dvd's, there is no problem, but xbmc player don't use dxva2...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"queen greatest hits dvd" vobs don't work propertly on latest Dharma betas0