"queen greatest hits dvd" vobs don't work propertly on latest Dharma betas
That was sort of the point Smile

vobs aren't really meant to be played outside of the ifo structure. But it would be nice if we could get it solved. Just don't have a clue what it could be.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:That was sort of the point Smile
vobs aren't really meant to be played outside of the ifo structure. But it would be nice if we could get it solved. Just don't have a clue what it could be.

-It works perfectly without dxva2 (with camelot, dharma, vlc, etc)
-It works perfectly with dxva2 in vlc (and in wmp)
-It works perfectly with dxva2 in dharma when queen vob video average bitrate is 5500Kbps
-It fails with dxva2 in dharma when queen vob video average bitrate is 5800Kbps
-It works perfectly in dharma if play the original dvd (with menu, etc), dvdplayer ignore dvdxa2 setting and don't use it.

Possible solutions:
-Try to find the error (use the clip http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPUF13UN to test)
-There is any possibility to activate dxva only for HD content?
-Selective use of DXVA in Dharma?
-Like xbmc dvdplayer does, don't use dxva2 with dvd mpeg2 sd vobs.

Actual solution(for me):
-Use an external player for vob files (queen vobs at least)
-Maibe try xbmc live

cheers
The problem still fails on beta1 and beta 2 Sad

Now also the audio fails, the problematic vob's have DTS5.1 and now xbmc decodes as pcm 2.0 (this is not happening in the first dharma builds, and of course in 9.11). Also this does not happen with another (non problematic) vobs with DTS (extracted from the same queen dvd).

Cheers.
Sorry to say that the problem still fails on beta3. I found some other vobs from another dvd that fail in the same way... Sad

I will use an external player for now (with SD vobs at least).

I have also create a ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10508
I can see corruption too when playing back the sample with an nVidia G210 and DXVA enabled.

elupus, are we missing ffmpeg fixes that are in vlc-1.2?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"queen greatest hits dvd" vobs don't work propertly on latest Dharma betas0