XBMC-JSON an open source .NET XBMC JSON-RPC Library
grimstoner Wrote:Added them now. Used to TFS, not Subversion...

Looks great mate good stuff - I love open source projects, I was a bit low on motivation to implement the System and Video player stuff etc. :p
XBMC Remote7 an XBMC library browser/remote for Windows Phone 7.
Xbmc-Json a .NET XBMC JSON API Library.
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Great stuff! Would need this for my program though can't find a way to download it?

EDIT: Tortoise of course.

EDIT2: Got it setup and working now, though I got a question: where is the ScanforContent thingy? Can only find get stuff in the VideoLibrary Sad

EDIT3:
Why do we love open-source? Cause then we can fix it ourselves! Big Grin Just added this tiny code:

Code:
public void ScanForContent()
        {
            _Client.GetData("VideoLibrary.ScanForContent", null, null, null);
        }

And now I can use it as I want Smile Thx for great library.
Hi All.

It's time to add JSON support for my project which is written in C# so something like this looks like the way to go. I have a few questions though, so hopefully someone can help me out. At this point I've been trying to figure out the whole JSON thing and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

This library looks great, but I want to make sure that it is what I want to use before I invest too much time. There seems to be another XBMC JSON C# out there as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcjsonsharp/

My main concern is that I don't want to choose one that is not going to be developed, since the actual JSON interface continues to evolve. Once I figure things out a bit I would probably also like to contribute.

So what's the difference between these two libraries and which one is more likely to stay alive in the long run?

tia for any input on this
VoxCommando.com
I guess both this thread, and the project are dead.
VoxCommando.com
Hi jitterjames - Although I haven't personally been contributing to this library lately it is open source and you can contribute to it if you'd like. It's fairly simple and a quick look through the code should help you get your head around it. It's very easy to update/add additional functionality without needing to understand the whole thing. In terms of library retrieval and media playing I would say it's 90% - 95% done and all the most important stuff is there.

I had a quick look at the other library you linked and from what I can see it is synchronous - i.e. It will block the current thread while it fetches information. So if you chose to use it you will need to either multi thread your code or your users will have to put up with your application freezing while it fetches their XBMC information.

XBMC-JSON is asynchronous so it will not block the current thread and you could get away without even having to know/care about multi threading.

Any questions I'm happy to help or if you'd like any changes made I can do them Smile
XBMC Remote7 an XBMC library browser/remote for Windows Phone 7.
Xbmc-Json a .NET XBMC JSON API Library.
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
There are no downloads on the projects page? How do you get the library?
@lewis

http://xbmc-remote-control.googlecode.co...20v0.3.zip
Many thanks for that, I've downloaded it and got it working with the test code on page 1 of this thread with a VS2010 Express C# console application.

I am trying to use the XbmcJson.dll in a Windows 8 Metro app using the new Windows 8 Developer Preview build and VS2011.

When I add the XbmcJson.dll reference to the project it breaks the designer, the error it displays is:

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException

Failed to read from an IPC Port: The pipe has ended.

And when I try and run the app with the reference added and the XbmcConnection setup I get this error:

Message = "File or assembly name 'System, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

Has anyone else played around with the Windows 8 dev tools yet or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
You'll have to recompile the lib, targeting the WinRT profile.
Is the source for this library here? http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-json/sourc...vn%2Ftrunk
Hopefully this thread isn't completely dead. I have been using this library in my project and even updated it a little with some more functionality. My question is how can I update the library somehow so I can check to see if XBMC is still running and the connection is still live? I don't want to have to restart my program that is used to control XBMC if XBMC has to be restarted or the machine it is on is turned off.
I tried to contact the project leader, but I have had no response yet - perhaps he is on holiday.

I am in the process of updating this library to be compatible with the Eden JSON specifications, so to this end I created a new google code project at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-json-v3/.

I have so far got some of the library functions working, but there are quite a lot of things to change, so its a work in progress!
That's great! How is it going so far? Now that the first Beta of Eden is out I would like to update my project to support it. Is your v3 of the library in a usable state?
I have got some parts working, but there is an awful lot still to change for the Eden API.

I was hoping to get a lot done over Xmas, but that didn't pan out as my wife had a minor op just before Xmas, then my step daughter had appendicitis on Boxing Day, so Xmas was pretty much wiped outShocked

Probably going to be another 1-2 weeks before I have something usable - what functionality is your application using?
Currently my project is only doing the following:

Sending Play/Stop/Skip ffw/back commands for video
Receive notifications for playback started/stopped/resumed/ended/paused

Eventually I will be adding a lot more integration between my project and XBMC, but that is is all I am using for now.

Thanks for deciding to take over development of this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-JSON an open source .NET XBMC JSON-RPC Library1