XBMC-JSON an open source .NET XBMC JSON-RPC Library
Hi Hobbes.

Sorry for the delay in replying, this weekend has been absolutely rammed with birthdays and family events.

So far I have got play/pause, next, previous and stop working. You can also get the albums lists from music library. The next thing I have to look at is the notification items as I think the API changed on them as well.

Some things have been deprecated from the original project, however, these now return a NotSupportedException.

I get the feeling taking this over is a big job though lol.
Now that Eden is officially out I was wondering how the new .net library is fairing.
Actually I just checked the google code site and it looks like you have made great progress. It almost has everything that I currently need. I made a couple updates to add additional events and a method to check if the client is still connected. If you are interested I can commit my changed to the project
(2012-03-25, 05:40)hobbes487 Wrote: Actually I just checked the google code site and it looks like you have made great progress. It almost has everything that I currently need. I made a couple updates to add additional events and a method to check if the client is still connected. If you are interested I can commit my changed to the project

Hi Hobbes, yes please, do commit the changes as the event handling was the next thing I wanted to look at after all of the media library work which was a big job in itself. Been a bit busy over the last couple of weeks to do anything on it, but now Eden is out I had better crack on!

If you PM me your email address, I will add you to the project.

Kind regards
Wink 
Just a heads up, I committed some changes to the project a few minutes ago. All v4 notifications - except for the GUI ones which don't actually seem to be documented.. are these from an older API or something? - are now handled and XSystem.GetActivePlayers() now functions and returns player ID and type. In the next few days I'll be implementing the rest of the API and adding in some more helper functions.

I'll likely integrate the heartbeat method that hobbes487 implemented in his OSA plugin and start fleshing out changes needed to move to API5. I'm going to be building out an automation plugin for Homeseer in the near future based on this lib so I'm considering adding in a more robust notification intake system that would be able to handle custom notifications. Effectively turning XBMC into a passthrough for remote control events - think turning off all your lights with the power button on your remote without needing an additional IR interpreter etc. Of course that'll require at least an additional plugin on the XBMC side - I haven't fully vetted the feasibility of custom json notifications but I think it's pretty doable.

I'll keep the thread updated with additional commits. Current codebase available at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-json-v3/
Fantastic- this is just what I was looking for (C# library for XBMC). Just bought myself 3 juicy raspberry pis and now looking to get a distributed IP camera relay system up for live streamed inhouse video presentations. Maybe use a C# program to command the XBMC (Raspbmc) players to play a streamed video slideshow most of the day then flip to a live streaming IP camera when events undertaken at the venue i.e. presenter comes on stage.

Please keep us posted on this excellent library - looking forward to integrate in my pet project Smile
(2012-09-25, 02:50)mrXBMC Wrote: Fantastic- this is just what I was looking for (C# library for XBMC). Just bought myself 3 juicy raspberry pis and now looking to get a distributed IP camera relay system up for live streamed inhouse video presentations. Maybe use a C# program to command the XBMC (Raspbmc) players to play a streamed video slideshow most of the day then flip to a live streaming IP camera when events undertaken at the venue i.e. presenter comes on stage.

Please keep us posted on this excellent library - looking forward to integrate in my pet project Smile

Glad it's helping you Smile

I haven't been able to work on the library much this month but I'm planning on getting back to it in the next few days. I'll be adding in some more methods to deal with building/playing playlists and that sort of thing that should help you accomplish what you're wanting to do.
Hello,

if someone is looking, for a up-to-date .Net client supporting frodo, you may be interested in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604.

Regards
Steve
(2012-09-29, 17:49)DerPate Wrote: Hello,

if someone is looking, for a up-to-date .Net client supporting frodo, you may be interested in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141604.

Regards
Steve

This looks really, really nice! I had toyed with the idea of doing something like this instead of continuing to update the older code base to Eden.

Great work!

Thanks,
Steve (I'm also a Steve Tongue )
I took a look at DerPate's project and unfortunately it doesn't have any sort of notification system to let clients know about events that happen in XBMC. I'm not sure if he has any plans to add it, but if not I hope you don't abandon this library.
I'm planning to add notifications to the the auto generated library.
(2012-10-20, 07:54)hobbes487 Wrote: I took a look at DerPate's project and unfortunately it doesn't have any sort of notification system to let clients know about events that happen in XBMC. I'm not sure if he has any plans to add it, but if not I hope you don't abandon this library.

No intentions to stop at the moment. I'll probably get the current library compatible with frodo and then decide if I want to continue on the current lib or commit some stuff to DerPate's - I really like the addition of the 2012 async/await keywords but I can't use those at the moment because the client I'm working on has to be .net 2.0.
(2012-10-20, 10:29)DerPate Wrote: I'm planning to add notifications to the the auto generated library.

Fantastic! I look forward to those updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-JSON an open source .NET XBMC JSON-RPC Library1