5.1 Audio a No show, and DVD drives
Hi,
I'm a newb to XBMC, but quite knowledgeable about Linux itself, which is what I am using.

When using XBMC to watch Live TV from my MythTV backend, it will not playback the audio on any live station or recording that has 5.1 audio. It will playback stations that are Dolby Digital Stereo however (2.0). I have also tried manually setting the audio device (ALSA) to surround51 with no luck. This is not a problem with either VLC or MythFrontend.

Also, I have two DVD-RW units in my machine. XBMC will only see one. How can I make it see both drives? Or at least change it to the second one, as the first one has issues with playing back some DVDs.

and lastly, how do I see the version number of the XBMC I am running. Using "xbmc -v" or "xbmc --version" does not work, and "xbmc --help" shows no way to retrieve the version info. Oh, and I compiled from SVN.

Thanks,
Lex
Lexridge Wrote:and lastly, how do I see the version number of the XBMC I am running. Using "xbmc -v" or "xbmc --version" does not work, and "xbmc --help" shows no way to retrieve the version info. Oh, and I compiled from SVN.

It's in the info page, but how you get to this is skin dependant. With Confluence arrow down to "System", press the right arrow to open the sub-menu and select "System info".

Alternatively if you built XBMC yourself look at the file xbmc/.svn/entries and the fourth line in the file is the build number.

JR
thanks for your reply regarding the version info. I guess I am running 32089. I assume this is 10.x beta?

Does anyone have any ideas on the other questions I ask?

Thx,
Lex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Audio a No show, and DVD drives0