Mixing movies with TV - scraping info
I have 2 TV shows that I currently have movies in the folder structure since they go together.

The first is Babylon 5 where the TV movie is the pilot of the TV show. The second is Farscape where the TV movie is the finale of the series.

When I stick the shows' folders to Movie, grab the movies' info, and then revert the shows' folders back to TV Show, the movies' artwork stays but I can't pull up the movies' info. Since the folders are associated with the show itself it appears xbmc is trying to lookup the movie as an episode of the show which of course doesn't work.

Any recommendations and tricks on how to handle this situation. The one option that will give me my movie info is to put those files in a folder marked as Movie. Another option is to keep them with the TV shows and live without the movie info.
You can link the movie to the show by using the context menu. Note that both movies will still show up in your "Movies" listing.

Depending on the show, sometimes they can be listed as specials over at thetvdb.com - check there, and if they're there, rename as specials.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the tip about the specials.
That worked for the Babylon 5 pilot TV movie.
However for farscape, the Peacekeeper Wars doesn't show up as a special for the show but does show up as a movie in the movie db.

The only context menu option I see that may be relevant is "Add to library manually" which has me type the info in. Is there a way to allow this movie to be looked up as a movie even though the folder is marked as having TV shows?
I just created a sibling folder to the season folders on disk and put the finale movie in there. I then marked that folder as Movies and got the info. I checked my season folders and those can still look up the tv episode info.

Any other options for doing this? This obviously works but now I'm curious if there are any better ideas.
No, you have to scan it as a movie. Once that's done, from the context menu you can associate it with a show.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixing movies with TV - scraping info0