NVIDIA IGA chipsets slowly disappearing?
It's rather disturbing that the micro-atx 8200/8300 MB's (AMD) are disappearing fast. Asus has EOL the commercial M3N78-VM MB, Gigabyte dropped them (For about 10 months now) and Zotac seems to be the only one with a good offering but only in the mini-itx platform.

The 9300/9400 Intel MB's seem to be dwindling also. I've not kept up with hardware accelerated IGA's other than for NVIDIA. Does anyone know if the HD Accelerated IGA is dying a slow death, or is there a replacement chipset in the works? (i.e. NVIDIA 210/220, etc.)

It seems that Intel and AMD/ATI is trying to corner the marketplace with inferior solutions, am I wrong or what’s up? The MB companies I sent emails to verify the EOL many of their MB's with these chipsets and no information on replacements. Hell, I thought maybe they were coming out with USB3.0 and sata 6 MB's with HD IGA's, but I can't get the Manufacturers to answer.
I would be very surprised if you ever see a nvidia intel board again on the most part thanks to intel

http://www.reghardware.com/2009/10/09/nvidia_vs_intel/
>>X<<' Wrote:I would be very surprised if you ever see a nvidia intel board again on the most part thanks to intel

http://www.reghardware.com/2009/10/09/nvidia_vs_intel/

WOW! Am I behind the times when it comes to hardware. That really sux's, everyone on the board should flood Intel with emails protesting there hard nose stand and telling them that we will drop Intel for AMD/ATI and Nvidia.
Of course AMD could keep NVIDIA in the mainstream, except for their ATI purchase but they could lock up the market with both ATI and NVIDIA chipsets as well as increase their processor market share. Intel just doesn't get it, nor is their GPU IMO, I was all excited about the G4500 chipset but it crashed and burned right from the start.

If AMD embraced NVIDIA, I believe that it would impact INTEL where it hurts. $$$$

Hell, forget Intel, just send AMD an email telling them we are upset with Intel's stance with NVIDIA and we are looking for solutions from them that include NVIDIA. Although, the MB companies are the ones dropping the builds, but maybe at the push of Intel for the newer chipsets.

I think MS & Intel are the culprits, they just couldn't come up with a media center that would play 1080P content without third party SW and $$ license, and that was just recently. They are pissed at NVIDIA for their open source support of the Linux community and our wonderfully built, no jitter, 24fps 1080p video! IMHO only.

This was all brought about by my wanting to build another xbmc box for the guest bedroom, and I have used clonezilla to clone my current working 6GB root directory. So if I used the same motherboard (M3n78-VM) it would be a piece of cake. Now I need to find another MB and build from scratch. PIA! Maybe Broadcom's crstyall HD is the way to go with a cheap, reliable MB with the options I need. Going to do some research now.

Sorry for taking up board space for my ranting.
You could always go the nvidia ion route which is basically a 9400 GPU
speed32219 Wrote:If AMD embraced NVIDIA, I believe that it would impact INTEL where it hurts. $$$$

Hell, forget Intel, just send AMD an email telling them we are upset with Intel's stance with NVIDIA and we are looking for solutions from them that include NVIDIA.

You do realize that AMD owns ATI and they are directly competing with Nvidia in the GPU market, right?? Whatever hurts Nvidia, benefits AMD. They are probably ecstatic that two of their largest competitors are in a huge fight.

It is in AMD and Intel's best interest to push Nvidia out of the mainstream market and more into the highend gamers market, thereby significantly decreasing their target market size. Why do you think Intel tried so hard to prevent Nvidia from successfully implementing ION2 and force them to produce a highly crippled solution that is not really any better than the original ION?

Nvidia is desperately trying to hang onto the mainstream market through taking advantage of Intel's performance lacking GPU solutions and providing their Optimus technology to market their products as complimentary solutions.

But what do you think is going to happen when Intel GPUs get powerful enough for most mainstream usage, with hardware x264 acceleration and such? It is only a matter of time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Intel buys Nvidia in a couple of years, then we'll have AMD/ATI vs Intel/Nvidia showdown. It is highly likely that Intel might be in this fight just to back Nvidia into a corner and leave them no other option but to merge with Intel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA IGA chipsets slowly disappearing?0