• 1(current)
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad
Thumbs Up 
Hello there!

With Ultimote you can browse your movies and TV-shows on your iPad!

Check it out: YouTube

iTunes

Feedback is always appreciated!

Peace!
Any plans to support interaction with the music database?
noumenon Wrote:Any plans to support interaction with the music database?

Yes, I found it a bit more tricky to implement, so I didn't include music in the first version. But it will be there!
This doesn't work with MySQL database
Solaris Wrote:This doesn't work with MySQL database

No, unfortunately it only works with SQLite 3 for now. But, may I ask how you use a MySQL database?
Good to know, I also use mysql.

It's a remote database shared by multiple xbmc machines.

Noumenon
Hi MrAndersson,

XBMC use SQLite DB as default, but in current SVN (Now Dharma branch), you can use a MySQL database, by modifying your advancedsettings.xml. This allows you to use a centralized DB for multiple XBMC boxes, and other nice features (Follow-me, Sync of watched flags, etc…Wink. It works quite nicely, and I didn't think of that before jumping on your app Smile Would be nice, to get support for it, but hey I'm a dreamer…

I tested your app on a standalone test box, and it's really nice. One thing I miss (well two), is a Context Menu button, and an info one. Customizable interface ala XBMC Iphone remote would be nice. Cheers, and keep up the good work.
Hi, I have some issues with it,
1: when you click on IMDB I will always get page not found.
My naming is always xxxxx (2009)
2: Using the cursor (basic) if the screen is dim on my TV, it will not waking up and the screen will stay dim. I will still be able to browse using the cursor.
3: Like Solaris stated, the Info Button and maybe something like "now Playing" which would bring the movie playing with the info and the cursor from the Basic Feature

Nevertheless, very good first release !!!!
Solaris Wrote:Hi MrAndersson,

XBMC use SQLite DB as default, but in current SVN (Now Dharma branch), you can use a MySQL database, by modifying your advancedsettings.xml. This allows you to use a centralized DB for multiple XBMC boxes, and other nice features (Follow-me, Sync of watched flags, etc…). It works quite nicely, and I didn't think of that before jumping on your app Smile Would be nice, to get support for it, but hey I'm a dreamer…

I tested your app on a standalone test box, and it's really nice. One thing I miss (well two), is a Context Menu button, and an info one. Customizable interface ala XBMC Iphone remote would be nice. Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Alright! Didn't know you could share a database, sounds cool. I will look into this and perhaps add support for it!
And for the context and info buttons, the reason I left those out is the behavior of the xbmc server. It just stops responding when a context menu or dialog appears, so I couldn't close the menu or navigate within it. I read about it and found it to be a known bug, or is this something I've completely missed?

Cheers
jeromem75 Wrote:Hi, I have some issues with it,
1: when you click on IMDB I will always get page not found.
My naming is always xxxxx (2009)
2: Using the cursor (basic) if the screen is dim on my TV, it will not waking up and the screen will stay dim. I will still be able to browse using the cursor.
3: Like Solaris stated, the Info Button and maybe something like "now Playing" which would bring the movie playing with the info and the cursor from the Basic Feature

Nevertheless, very good first release !!!!

1: Do you use IMDb as scraper, if not which one do you use?
2: Yes, I'm aware of this, will fix it as soon as possible.
3: You mean like a new tab with that kind of info?

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback!
MrAndersson Wrote:1: Do you use IMDb as scraper, if not which one do you use?
2: Yes, I'm aware of this, will fix it as soon as possible.
3: You mean like a new tab with that kind of info?

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback!

1: I use themoviedb.org.
2: Great
3: Yes Maybe a new Tab with the Info and still able to pause, play etc...

I found something else, sometimes, if I select "OH Snap! File Not found, sure you typed it correctly?"
To resolve it, I would have to go back to profiles > Test and save settings > then OK.

Regarding the features, like previously mentioned, do you know if you can customize the tab.
For example, if I want to have Video Tab, Weather Tab etc....
Last but least, being able to browse by year etc....
I am sure it is a lot of extra work and I am already very happy with your App !
jeromem75 Wrote:1: I use themoviedb.org.
2: Great
3: Yes Maybe a new Tab with the Info and still able to pause, play etc...

I found something else, sometimes, if I select "OH Snap! File Not found, sure you typed it correctly?"
To resolve it, I would have to go back to profiles > Test and save settings > then OK.

Regarding the features, like previously mentioned, do you know if you can customize the tab.
For example, if I want to have Video Tab, Weather Tab etc....
Last but least, being able to browse by year etc....
I am sure it is a lot of extra work and I am already very happy with your App !

Ok, will look into the IMDb problem.
And the "file not found" message might appear when the server is busy doing stuff, therefore not accepting your request.
I will take your suggestions under consideration!
Thanks alot!
I am having the same issues as the others. It took a while to get my user data directory setup properly as well, using live. I suggest having a drop down list where you pick your OS, or even have it auto detected when it connects, your help site had a typo where the word userdata used an upper case U. I needed it to be lower case to connect.

Other bugs:

1. When in movie or tv view, audio delay -, in the controls section is misspelled.

2. If playing a video and you close the app, if you restart the app, it minimizes the video to the now playing screen. Also, the app gives you no way to maximize the video again,
My wife promises to buy this if you change the Ultimote text background to something a little nicer and less "loud". Her words, not mine.
jeromem75 Wrote:1: I use themoviedb.org.

themoviedb.org does not save imdb id in the database.

I am guessing that this app retrieves the imdb id from the database and uses it to generate the imdb address for the movie, am I right?

In that case you can switch to imdb as your scraper (don't worry, imdb scraper has the ability to get the thumbs and fanart from tmdb)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad0