(2010-07-24 23:46)tadde Wrote: Hey
Whenever i'm trying to connect to XBMC (with my Android HTC Desire (XBMC Remote Version v0.8.2-beta1 revision 678) Which i downloaded from Android Market.
I followed the guide step by step with no success, i've been googling all kinds of answers.
Here's what i've done:
1. Enabled Allow Control of XBMC Via HTTP - Checked
2. Allow Programs on this System to control XBMC - Checked
3. Allow Programs on other Systems to control XBMC - Checked
4. Port 8080
5. Enabled Wi-Fi on Android Phone.
6. Adding Host with the IP Adress of the computer that has XBMC installed.
7. Both Phone and Laptop (computer) are on the same Wi-Fi network.
8. Tried [url]http://IPAdressoflaptop[/url]:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetSystemInfo(120;121) from both Phone Web Browser and Desktop computer (which is connected to the internet with Wire cable)
9. After some researching, some other programs may use port 8080 at the same time such as Skype, tried closing it on both my desktop computer and laptop with no success.
10. I've tried changing Ports on both sides, also on just one side.
11. Re entered Host information on XBMC App countless of times.
12. Redownloaded XBMC Remote App three times already (installed it aswell of course)
13. Disabled Firewall
It'd be a shame for me if i couldn't utilize this for my Media center.
Help appreciated! Thanks alot :-)
i had the same problem , now it is solved by going to cmd and running ipconfig .... then just look to IPv4 address and copy it to the device that you want to use as remote controller.. in my case it is my phone