nightly build imdb not scraping director
my situation is this. i began with a fresh install of 9.11 and setup my database. it scraped everything from imdb except mpaa rating.

i then updated to the latest nightly build (last night). now it will scrape the mpaa rating but NOT the director. director is just a blank field for newly scraped movies. i've updated the imdb scraper with the add-on function and have even tried multiple imdb.xml replacements to no avail.

i need to get director scraping back, but i just can't figure it out as i am new to the xbmc community.

also, but not nearly as important. is it possible to get just the mpaa ratings scraped to my collection? i have over 1400 movies setup properly but with no mpaa rating. i don't want to lose the naming conventions, poster art, etc of each movie by doing a re-scan. thanks everyone, this is fantastic software.

http://pastebin.com/eQMG81an i hope i did this right. i just opened xbmc and tried to refresh one movie to show it not scraping the director.
Just to update:

I've updated to xbmc-r32150-Dharma and noticed an IMDb scraper update. Well I'm still having the same problem and have to wonder. I can't be the only one having this problem. It just seems so major.

Anyway everything else is smooth and fantastic, so much tighter and efficient than mediaportal (which is also a great program). But of course my migration has halted because of this issue, so any help or troubleshooting techniques are totally appreciated. Thanks everyone.

***noticed these two lines in my debug log:

#
21:11:02 T:1928 M:1226825728 DEBUG: scraper: GetIMDBFullDirectorsById returned tt0116073
#
21:11:02 T:1928 M:1226825728 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse xml

isn't everyone having this issue?
Fixed - you have to update IMDB scraper

ps. it only occured if fullcast was enabled
great news! thanks olympia! just updated the scraper via the add-on service and everything updates properly.

my only question now (and i feel like this has been answered before, so please excuse my redundancy)... is it possible to update all 1500 movies with only the mpaa rating and preserve their current info and thumbs? if not, does anyone know if this ability is in development?

regardless, i'm just thrilled that the scrapers working for me again. thanks everyone.
Not possible. At some point this functionality will be added.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nightly build imdb not scraping director0