Shutdown Message
Question 
I have a video server that feeds video to my HTPC through a network. I've trained my family to boot up the server when they want to watch anything, but they have a bad habit of forgetting to put the server back to sleep after they're finished.

I was wondering if there was any way I could possibly include a little reminder message to display alongside the shutdown functions on XBMC? Maybe a text bubble or something underneath the shutdown, restart, sleep options?

I am running on OSX with the Confluence Skin. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.
I solved this problem by just leaving the server on 24/7 :-)

I estimate it costs me about £100/year to run the server full time, and because it's always on I can use it to do BitTorrent and iPlayer downloads in the small hours when the Internet is quiet. In fact I've even put it on a UPS because I got fed up of brownouts in the small hours interrupting big downloads!

JR
What I did was add a little WOL script on the HTPC which runs on resume from standby and on the server I have it to shutdown on idle, idle is when nothing is recording or xbmc on the HTPC is not running.

This works very good and is nearly automagic, takes a bit to setup though Smile

And if you really want to have a tip, checkout DialogButtonMenu.xml and add a label which is visible when shutdown button is focused.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown Message0