TV Show RegExp Help
Greetings!

I asked this question a few months ago and now need some help again. I've been using the stable release 9.11 of XBMC on my Windows machines. The problem that I've had is that it will not recognize the naming convention that I use for my TV shows. Rather than rename hundreds upon hundreds of episodes, I was given a REGEXP to use in order to make XBMC recognize the naming structure that I used.

After the very helpful people on this forum guided me through that, it was brought up that it would be added to the nightly builds. I have now had to reformat my computer and lost the RegExp used for this. When I use a nightly build, I encounter other problems (namely with getting the skins to show up). I've decided that I'd rather go back to the stable version of XBMC (9.11) and just redo the RegExp. It was the most reliable option for me.

I came back here to try and find the post that I made a few months ago that had the right RegExp in it. It has, for some reason, been deleted. My entire account was removed. :confused2: Since I can't dig up my old post, I figured I could get a quick answer here.

Basically, I name my TV shows like this:

M:\TV Shows\Psych\(03x03) Daredevils!.avi
M:\TV Shows\Psych\(04x02) He Dead.avi

I keep every show in its own folder but all designate the season and episode number in parenthesis. All episodes of a given show are stored in the same folder (no subfolders for different seasons).

What would be the best RegExp for catching this naming structure for scraping?

I apologize for having to ask this again. If my old account hadn't been deleted, I would have found the answer in the original post. I'm not sure why it was removed, but that doesn't really matter now.

I appreciate your help. I tried to figure out regular expressions on my own but I could never get the hang of it.

Best,

Stink Piece
I gave up on regexp's several months ago because I found a method that was far superior in my opinion.

Rename all the episodes automatically to fit xbmc naming conventions using TheRenamer. Then scrape all episodes to your library using the usual method. Then follow the instructions to Export Video Library, choosing export to separate files; export thumbnails; export fanart; overwrite all existing.

This method works great for me - take it or leave it Wink

NS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show RegExp Help0