[LIVE] SMB Randomly Works
I have two Acer Aspire Revos, a 1600 in the bedroom and a new 3610 in my den both running XBMC Live installed to HDD. Both have issues where they'll randomly error "Could not connect to network server" on my SMB shares on EITHER Win 7 box. I've tried every trick in the threads I've searched through with no luck.

I've narrowed it down to being an issue with XBMC or the Revos it's running on as just now my bedroom one works fine while my den one can't connect. Is there some setting in XBMC or in the SMB client I need to change? Where do I specify username and password for SMB shares in XBMC?

Thanks
You're prompted if no username and password is given while adding the media source.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Weird. This is a fresh install on a brand new box and it's never asked me for one. I'm thinking that's not the issue though as my RSS feeds aren't showing up either even though System Info is showing me with an ip address.
...and now RSS feeds are working again after a reboot but shares are still broken.
For the sake of anyone stumbling across this:

My shares randomly showing up was apparently as issue with computer name resolving so I edited my XBMC sources to use my PCs' IPs instead (e.g. changed smb://fileserv/movies to smb://192.168.1.110/movies
AlmtyBob Wrote:For the sake of anyone stumbling across this:

My shares randomly showing up was apparently as issue with computer name resolving so I edited my XBMC sources to use my PCs' IPs instead (e.g. changed smb://fileserv/movies to smb://192.168.1.110/movies

Going to have to give that a try. I have been loosing my SMB shares randomly, the only solution I have found is to reboot the box doing the sharing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] SMB Randomly Works0