Problem with displatremotecodes
I made the file advancedsettings.xml in my xbmc/userdata folder, this is all is has right now

<advancedsettings>
<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedsettings>

I'm running the latest SVN, I've tried the default skin and Alaska Revisited. I'm not seeing the remote codes on the screen. I have an HP remote with a Veris IR reciever, it works pretty well for XBMC but a few of the buttons don't. And I can't map them in iMon Manager. I was thinking this string should tell me the hex code for the buttons I can't map? Either way, I can't get the string to even work. If it matters I'm running in portable mode.
Only works for the Xbox I believe.
Hitcher Wrote:Only works for the Xbox I believe.

Well hell that would explain it, I guess I'll never figure out the hex codes for those few buttons. Drats...
quebert Wrote:Well hell that would explain it, I guess I'll never figure out the hex codes for those few buttons. Drats...

What do you mean by the "hex codes"? The HP remote is MS compatible and the buttons on an MS remote have an internal number e.g. 0x0B is Enter. If this is the number you mean they're all listed in the readme.txt in mceremote.zip from xbmcmce.sourceforge.net.

Alternatively there must be a log somewhere. You could try enabling debug logging to see what turns up in xbmc.log, or is there an LIRC log somewhere?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:What do you mean by the "hex codes"? The HP remote is MS compatible and the buttons on an MS remote have an internal number e.g. 0x0B is Enter. If this is the number you mean they're all listed in the readme.txt in mceremote.zip from xbmcmce.sourceforge.net.

Alternatively there must be a log somewhere. You could try enabling debug logging to see what turns up in xbmc.log, or is there an LIRC log somewhere?

JR

The remote's button layout isn't 100% to the MCE standard. It has a few buttons that HP put on I've never seen on another MCE remote. Since my IR receiver isn't compatible with Eventghost, I don't have any way to know what code's being sent when I press these buttons. This is for about maybe a dozen of them, and I'm not sure how the heck I'm going to be able to map those. The showkey proggy in the file you linked isn't diaplaying a code when I press the buttons in question. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my receiver not being 100% compatible (Veris) but the majority of the buttons work, so I'm going to assume there's gotta be a way for me to get the other buttons to show up.

Hummm, perhaps I'm not going to be able to map them at all Sad If anyone has an idea for me here I'd love to hear it.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/reviews/v...=2274&pg=2 the remote I have's on this page towards the bottom. I don't know much about it other than it's an MCE remote with custom buttons HP put on it I cannot figure out how to map.
Have you tried searching on remotecentral.com? I can't acess the site from work (stupid nanny proxy server doesn't like it) but you may find a file or utility over there that can reveal the HEX codes to you.
Fergus Wrote:Have you tried searching on remotecentral.com? I can't acess the site from work (stupid nanny proxy server doesn't like it) but you may find a file or utility over there that can reveal the HEX codes to you.

I saw nothing there, I'm starting to think this remote only works fully if I had one of those HP HDX laptops.
quebert Wrote:The remote's button layout isn't 100% to the MCE standard. It has a few buttons that HP put on I've never seen on another MCE remote. Since my IR receiver isn't compatible with Eventghost, I don't have any way to know what code's being sent when I press these buttons. This is for about maybe a dozen of them, and I'm not sure how the heck I'm going to be able to map those. The showkey proggy in the file you linked isn't diaplaying a code when I press the buttons in question. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my receiver not being 100% compatible (Veris) but the majority of the buttons work, so I'm going to assume there's gotta be a way for me to get the other buttons to show up.

Hummm, perhaps I'm not going to be able to map them at all Sad If anyone has an idea for me here I'd love to hear it.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/reviews/v...=2274&pg=2 the remote I have's on this page towards the bottom. I don't know much about it other than it's an MCE remote with custom buttons HP put on it I cannot figure out how to map.

See the readme.txt in mceremote.zip. If you have one of these two remotes, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...MCE_Remote, you can run Remote-XBMC.reg or Remote-Sendkeys.reg from mceremote.zip and the remote will then work with XBMC (Dharma beta not v9.11).

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:See the readme.txt in mceremote.zip. If you have one of these two remotes, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...MCE_Remote, you can run Remote-XBMC.reg or Remote-Sendkeys.reg from mceremote.zip and the remote will then work with XBMC (Dharma beta not v9.11).

JR

Hummm, the registery string it said needs to be in my registery in order for this to work isn't there. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 I dunno. Well this at lets me know what I need to look into.

Thanks for the info man, hopefully it'll be enough to lead me to getting this working.
quebert Wrote:Hummm, the registery string it said needs to be in my registery in order for this to work isn't there. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 I dunno. Well this at lets me know what I need to look into.

Thanks for the info man, hopefully it'll be enough to lead me to getting this working.

If the registry key isn't there then your remote isn't using the Windows MCE remote driver and the registry change won't work (though it won't do any harm). Actually I've just spotted "Since my IR receiver isn't compatible with Eventghost" in your earlier post. Since you mentioned the HP handset I assumed you were using the matching HP receiver, which is MS compatible. If you are using a different receiver then all bets are off.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If the registry key isn't there then your remote isn't using the Windows MCE remote driver and the registry change won't work (though it won't do any harm). Actually I've just spotted "Since my IR receiver isn't compatible with Eventghost" in your earlier post. Since you mentioned the HP handset I assumed you were using the matching HP receiver, which is MS compatible. If you are using a different receiver then all bets are off.

JR

This particular remote only comes with a laptop which has the IR receiver built in. I'm probably going to break down and order the HP receiver off Ebay, they're not very expensive. I have the Veris one, I guess iMon makes it. I shouldn't have said it's not compatible with Eventghost. I can't get it to work with it, and Google turns up nothing. Which leads me to believe it's not compatible. I do like it because it's small and attaches to the top of my monitor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with displatremotecodes0