Media Flags - How do you get them consistent?
Greetings,

I've spent several hours this arvo searching and creating nfo Media Flags - without much return. Can someone please help me.

Using PM3-HD.

1. What is the official term? Media Flags/Tags/Something Else? The wiki has nothing on them.

2. How can I get XBMC NOT to overwrite the nfo tags when it plays the file? Even manual updates to the dB gets overwritten when the file is played.

XBMC is calling 576 vids 720 and 480=SD. It's all SD I thought.

Also, 2channel DD is called AC3, while 6 channel is DolbyDigital. Isn't it all Dolby Digital?

Appreciate any help. Thx.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I suggest you ask this elsewhere if XBMC is extracting the wrong info.
Hitcher Wrote:I suggest you ask this elsewhere if XBMC is extracting the wrong info.

Thx for the reply. I'm not sure XBMC IS extracting the wrong info. It's just that it keeps overwriting the streaminfo in the nfo - and the db if manually altered. Is this the way it supposed to work? Will XBMC continue to extract the media info regardless?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
You nfo and db will be exactly the same stream info is not getting changed its just how the rules for flagging in this skin are set you would need to change/add some entries in "IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" to get it how you expect it to be
>>X<<' Wrote:You nfo and db will be exactly the same stream info is not getting changed its just how the rules for flagging in this skin are set you would need to change/add some entries in "IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" to get it how you expect it to be

Appreciate the help.
Quote:You nfo and db will be exactly the same stream info is not getting changed its just how the rules for flagging in this skin are set

This is a surprise. XBMC added the media flags when I played the file. They were different from the ones in the nfo. So I tweaked the dB manually, refreshed, and they were as I had tweaked them until I played the file again, then they were overwritten.

Thx for the direction to the xml to examine. It's like finding a needle in a haystack most of the time.
KidKiwi Wrote:This is a surprise. XBMC added the media flags when I played the file. They were different from the ones in the nfo. So I tweaked the dB manually, refreshed, and they were as I had tweaked them until I played the file again, then they were overwritten.

Sorry I misunderstood what you said before xbmc will update the stream info when you play a file but this info will be the correct info editing the db to get the flags to show as you expect them to be shown is the wrong way to go about it

Have you tried Confluence do your 576 videos show SD because it should as the 576.png is actually SD flag surprised PM3-HD isn't the same, showing DD instead of ac3 for 2ch is easily achieved in the xml
Thx >>X<<

Only skin I've tried is PM3-HD - been too busy with my upgrade. Set TVSHows scanning for new content last night - now 11 hours later, it's still loading them. Can't believe it's so slow using nfo files.

I'll give Confluence a go and knowing you can do things in the xml's is great. Knowing where to look (and that something can be done) is half the battle.

Thx again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flags - How do you get them consistent?0