Folder structures
Guys im new to XBMC and I love the look and feel of it. I have a couple of questions. I had a WDTV that i sold and had my Movie folder structure as:

Movies/genre(drama,action etc)/movie name

I take it I may have to get rid of the genre part of the structure if I want to get into Movies and have fan art come up as I scroll through movies right? If I do is there a way to still browse genre instead of just scrolling through hundreds of movies?

The Music structure is my other question, I have about 4 thousand MP3's. none of them are in folders, just IPOD back up folder, I take it I need to get those into lets say:

music/artist/album.... to get fan art and thumbs to show? Right now I get album art and thats it. If I do get the structure down, is there a program I can download that will throw all fanart and thumbs in the folders to save time?
yes, the library cathegorizes by genre etc. obviously you are at the mercy of the online info though. however, i have good news for you; no reason to remove the genre folders, just make sure you tick 'scan recursively' when you set content on the Movies folder.

music; no. just scan em in. music lookups (those that grab the fanart and thumbs) operate on the library, not your filesystem. if you want to store info locally, you do have to reorganize your layout.
[quote=spiff]yes, the library cathegorizes by genre etc. obviously you are at the mercy of the online info though. however, i have good news for you; no reason to remove the genre folders, just make sure you tick 'scan recursively' when you set content on the Movies folder.

Ok cool, how do i turn on that scan?

Thanks!
read the friendly wiki, no reason for me to reiterate stuff that is perfectly explained in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder structures0