HomeScreen Mod
looks good! but i think it would look better with a focussed/selected item much smaller. The white background on the selected item seems a bit too large to me.

Have you thought about implementing cdarts? i can't seem to figure out how to do it (i have no skinning or coding skills)
redje Wrote:looks good! but i think it would look better with a focussed/selected item much smaller. The white background on the selected item seems a bit too large to me.

Have you thought about implementing cdarts? i can't seem to figure out how to do it (i have no skinning or coding skills)

what do you mean by cdarts?
this is in aeon for instance:

the cd is a spinning image.
In light of what you guys are doing i've made a few mockups based on the refocus skin. Maybe it can serve as some inspiration.
The background image depends on a randomly selected movie that is "Featured".
A now playing menu button could serve as a quick selection list for queued tracks or episodes/movies
decreased the selected background size slightly, it's as small as it can go without labels not fitting. i've got one more thing i want to try and get done then i'll upload what i've got. shouldn't be more than afew hours
The mock ups look fantastic, would definately use this.
Looking forward to it.
Right I think everything is done, so here it is, there's probably loads of bugs since this is the first time i've attempted to do anything with skinning, enjoy! Download
Will try as soon as i get home.
tungmeister Wrote:adding now playing down at the bottom + I prefer centralised menus.
Cheers i will try it out asapSmile
Well i tried it but have a slight problem i can no longer access settings at least not without deleting guisettings.xml
then using confluence to make changes......no please not confluence arrrrghhh and did not find a setting for lower home screen.
other than that nice work, hope you find a fix for it as i hate using confluence
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
yep, can't access settings anymore

the button under the horizontal button lowers the home screen
i think i know what's causing the issue, i've always had the show settings screen enabled and forgot about the other option, here's a quick fix http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8U146L7
tungmeister Wrote:i think i know what's causing the issue, i've always had the show settings screen enabled and forgot about the other option, here's a quick fix http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8U146L7
don't ask me how or why but i can now access the settings screen and found the setting to lower the menu but theres no lable for the setting button? but i do like this addition to reFocus, thanks againSmile
Another problem i have just noticed... the clock in the home screen is being obscured by a dark overlay
the clock shouldn't be visible with the menu at the bottom of the screen as i couldn't decide on a position for it, unless i leave it in its current position and just fade it out when on tv and moves as the recently added would cover it?
edit: if you're refering to the default clock just turn it off on settings and you shouldn't be able to see it, not sure why i didn't disable it, just wanted to keep the additions to existing files at a minimum for ease of update to the next version of refocus.
tungmeister Wrote:the clock shouldn't be visible with the menu at the bottom of the screen as i couldn't decide on a position for it, unless i leave it in its current position and just fade it out when on tv and moves as the recently added would cover it?
edit: if you're refering to the default clock just turn it off on settings and you shouldn't be able to see it, not sure why i didn't disable it, just wanted to keep the additions to existing files at a minimum for ease of update to the next version of refocus.
that's a shame as i rely on the clock alot. I will have to tinker with the code to see if i can make it visible, if not i will just have to stick with the original menu layoutNo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HomeScreen Mod0