HomeScreen Mod
DO NOT DOWNLOAD AS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 0.8.7 RELEASE

Here is is, My horizontal home menu mod, It's the first thing i've attempted to do with skinning so it's probably full of bugs and poorly coded but seems to work alright for me. The mod includes the following:

-Horizontal home menu
-Accessible recently added TV and Moves (via up key on Tv Shows/Movies)
-Menu position adjustment (bottom or middle of screen)
-Accessible Now Playing (via down key on menu)
-iplayer in home menu

to Use the mod enable it under home screen settings and to use recently added enable TV and movies under Main menu settings

Download below, Enjoy!
Download

please redownload if you downloaded before 21:15 GMT 30/07/2010 as there was a bug stopping you accessing the settings menu
tungmeister Wrote:Hi guys, started making a horizontal homescreen for refocus, just wondering if there's any interest in me making it into a proper mod. Here's my progress so far:
cheers

Yes please Big Grin
+1
nice idea though i think it woild look nicer on the bottom of the screen.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:nice idea though i think it woild look nicer on the bottom of the screen.

adding now playing down at the bottom + I prefer centralised menus.
Looks nice, I would also prefer 2 options (one for centered and one for the bottom).

Btw: Is there a animation or transition while scrolling to left/right?

Regards,
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Looks nice, I would also prefer 2 options (one for centered and one for the bottom).

Btw: Is there a animation or transition while scrolling to left/right?

Regards,
ubuntuf4n

yes there's animation. i'll give an update in an hour or two once i've made some progress - first time i've actually had a proper look at the skinning engine so progress is slow :p
quick update - managed to get now playing done, skinning engine is alot nicer to work with than I expected, Think i'm going to try to setup recently added...
another +1
got recently added worked out :p, just need to do afew tweaks then modify it all so that it can run as a second home screen option from settings.
Hi,

very good work. But what about submenu options (genres, recently added, etc)? Are you planing on showing under this menu or in a new one or what?

Keep like this Tongue

PS: Dinamically spacel labels aren't possible if there's an image?
I hadn't really thought about submenus but I should be able to implement them using the horizontal menu i've got at the moment, i'll post my progress tomorrow.
Jep, very much so even. Looking for a menu that gets me where i need to go with as few clicks as possible Big Grin (so the original menu doesn't suffice :p)
Cool, this was my idea, I can't wait to see the new screens Tongue
basically finished it now, probably full of bugs lol but I think just afew bits to do. Done so far:
-horizontal menu
-submenus
-accessible recently added (via up key on moves/tv shows)
-accessible now playing (via down key)
-menu position at bottom or middle of screen

menu postion, menu enabling and the iplayer option are all controllable from settings.
here's afew screenshots, enjoy :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HomeScreen Mod0