DAAP ffwd/rew in latest builds?
Hi. I used to be able ffwd/rew songs using Firefly Server to share my iTunes playlists. Can't do this anymore using the latest nightly for Windows DX. Could this be due to a change in cache settings in advancedsettings.xml or might it be something else?
To be honest i'm surprised DAAP even works anymore...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well it's the only way i've been able to figure out how to get xbmc to work with my itunes library. would be happy not to use it. any other suggestions?
You could just scan the files into xbmc directly as long as they are resonally tagged.

The daap side of things died when the library integrating against itunes became incompatible with current itunes.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

A debug log would be nice thou.

Try trunk again and see if it makes any difference. I changed so we assume the daap sources are seekable.

ok will do and report back.

i've read in some of the forums that you could get itunes to work with the old itunes add on if you set the path manually. haven't been able to verify this so i just run a firefly server and share the library out to xbmc. the advantage of this is that the playlists are automatically updated so you don't have to keep one set of playlists for xbmc and another for iphone etc. not ideal by any means, but seems to work until a better solution is sorted.
still not seekable using 32352 dharma.
Don't think it's in the dharma branch.

doesn't work in latest nightly trunk
could you post a debug log from current trunk?

the latest itunes breaks firefly's ability to stream so i just decided to go with itunesexport to export all itunes playlists to a shared directory and then have xbmc pick it up from there. apple makes nice products, but it isure is a pain when you want to go outside their ecosystem!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DAAP ffwd/rew in latest builds?0