Save playlist dialog
Just a quick query - If I am playing a pre-existing music playlist and then make changes, I currently have to retype the exact playlist name if I want to resave the playlist.

Would it be possible to have the current playlist name appear in the dialog if it already has a name?

Thanks!
I guess you change the playlist from the library, add songs to the now playing list and then save that. If you use the playlist editor instead to change a playlist you will have exactly the behaviour you want.
DarkHelmet Wrote:I guess you change the playlist from the library, add songs to the now playing list and then save that. If you use the playlist editor instead to change a playlist you will have exactly the behaviour you want.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. However I think many times it may not be a premeditated decision to change a playlist.

Lets say a long playlist is already playing and I think of a couple of songs to add....I can queue them onto the bottom of the playlist with one button, but if I then want to save those changes I have to type in the playlist name exactly again to avoid creating a new playlist...

Not a big deal at all of course, just seems a little unintuitive... Smile
Main problem is we have no idea what playlist is playing, and it could in fact be a combination of several different lists.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I see - but would it not be possible to put the name of the last saved or loaded playlist in the dialog as a suggestion? Then it could always be deleted or modified if necessary?
Again, we have no idea what that is or was as there is no context associated with the "now playing" list - all it is is a bunch of songs.

Currently if we attempted to stored something then it might be completely inaccurate.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yeah, I understand that no playing could be anything....

My suggestion was just that if a playlist has recently been loaded or saved,and then the user goes to save the "now playing" playlist again there is a very good chance that it will be because they have made changes to that recently loaded / saved playlist.

Therefore Ithoughtit might beintuitive if there was a suggested title in the save dialog in the specific instance that a playlist has recently been loaded or saved.

But maybe that is a difficult condition to code - I have no idea Smile Anyway, it's really not a big issue...

I guess one other potential solution would be either some kind of auto-complete in that dialog or a drop down menu of pre-existing playlist names....

Anyway, thanks for your time Smile
What's "recent"?

What's "loaded"?

"Loaded" is meaningless in the case of the default option (playlist as folders) as it's never "loaded" by the now playing list.

My preference would be the possibility to add a certain song from the library to playlist XY (a saved playlist) and that song gets added and playlist xy is saved automatically with the addition of that particular song. This is what's possible in winamp and it would suit the situation "That's a cool song, I'd like to add that to my playlist xy". In winamp this is called "send to" (playlist from library).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save playlist dialog0