[MAC] iTunes Visualizer fails to load
Using OSX 10.6.4 on late 2009 Mac Mini and r32198 with Confluence (but this occurs in other skins too) and iTunes 9.2.1 if that helps. When trying to use the iTunes Visualisation it fails to load with the error "Addon could not be loaded. An unknown error has occurred". Any ideas why? (I've tried searching and can't find any other threads with anything meaningful)

Debug log contains the following:

Code:
07:29:20 T:2695963904 M:1900351488   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogSelect.xml) ------
07:29:20 T:2695963904 M:1899929600   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - iTunes Visualizations
07:29:20 T:2695963904 M:1899929600   ERROR: ADDON: Dll iTunes Visualizations - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable
07:29:20 T:2695963904 M:1899929600    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:iTunes Visualizations, clientID:visualization.itunes (same Thread=no)

EDIT: I notice that it used to crash XBMC under r32150 and now under r32198 it doesn't (you just get the error above), so somebody must have seen this happening before, I guess.
The iTunes Visualizer needs a complete re-factor. It's one plugin that has multiple flavors, the existing Visualizer plugin API only supports one flavor per plugin. It's on the list and most likely NOT make the Dharma release unless someone other than me has a go at it.
davilla Wrote:The iTunes Visualizer needs a complete re-factor. It's one plugin that has multiple flavors, the existing Visualizer plugin API only supports one flavor per plugin. It's on the list and most likely NOT make the Dharma release unless someone other than me has a go at it.

Thats fine. Thanks for the reply.
davilla Wrote:The iTunes Visualizer needs a complete re-factor. It's one plugin that has multiple flavors, the existing Visualizer plugin API only supports one flavor per plugin. It's on the list and most likely NOT make the Dharma release unless someone other than me has a go at it.

As it looks like you wan't have time for a fix before final release, please, disable it temporarily. Other visualizers I don't like much, so it's tempting me to turn this on. And as I often forget things...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post614754
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] iTunes Visualizer fails to load0