Lost my database :(
Hey guys, I love XBMC but I have a small problem.

I am forever swapping drives out of my media server (win7 HP) and I think I made a big mistake - I had a raid array die a couple of weeks ago and I replaced it with stanalone drives - My main movie drive is a 1.5tb pretty much full of movies ( around 1300 )

When I first started using xbmc I loved the fact it did the whole scraping thing, even though it used a huge amount of my data allowance for the month ( 6gig when I only have a 10gig limit )!! Now when I swapped all of the drives around all of a sudden my libraries all disappeared and when I re added the movie drive to the library it thinks they are all new movies - even though the xbmc install directory is over 6gb in size. im in the middle of re-adding them now =/

Once this has all done I want to put it all on an external drive so I can take it to any system and use xbmc - is there a way I can do this without loosing the scraped database ?? does the drive just have to be the same letter in each system for it to work or is it a bit more complex than that?

any help you can give me would be great ( ps I have installed xbmc in stand alone mode on the same drive as the movies )
use export library. search the wiki.
uhh yeah.

The wiki has no info on this kind of thing - only how to reprogram the sql do I really need to do that just to import some movie db's and fanart??

when I export the library it goes into apadata/roaming/xbmc and not the standalone install directory - when I move this to another pc I can import and find the files but there is no update to the library at all - no movie info and no images
Listen to the wise Spiff (read here):
1) Export your database on computer 1 to individual files. This will create files in your media shares that will contained the scraped data (Except watched status)
2) On computer 2, 3, etc., install XBMC and point them to your media shares. They will automatically use the files exported in step 1 instead of scraping for them again.

EDIT: Assuming you are on a PC, using "portable mode" (add a "-p" in the shortcut, or choose the option when installing) will tell XBMC to use the installation folder (ie Program Files\XBMC) to store the "UserData".

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost my database :(0