stuttering picture
Hi, I have the latest xmbc and I just can't find out why the picture is stuttering when playing a movie.. It plays well on windows mediacenter.. I tried uninstalling xmbc, codecs and so on, but it does not help. It looks like it plays some frames, then stops, and plays again. What could it be??
too slow cpu maybe.. if have nvidia gfx you could most likely enable hw acceleration in settings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pe3k Wrote:Hi, I have the latest XBMC and I just can't find out why the picture is stuttering when playing a movie.. It plays well on windows mediacenter.. I tried uninstalling XBMC, codecs and so on, but it does not help. It looks like it plays some frames, then stops, and plays again. What could it be??

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=1080p_playba...ses_frames possibly?

JR
it is not the cpu problem. my computer is AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHZ with 2GB ram. The video stutters even with divx videos. It's not the 720/1080p issue. Windows mediacenter on that pc plays mkv and divx perfectly, but XMBC does not. it looks like some stupid bug that just needs to be set somewhere correctly. Actually it had appeared when I installed the new version of XMBC.. it played OK before. Where do I set DirectX display mode on XMBC?
WELL,

problem solved.

I installed an older version of xmbc (9.04) and it works nice now. now some plugins don't.. I'm looking forward to a new release of xmbc.. maybe the picture stuttering will be gone..
I had stuttering every few seconds on almost every video when I tried running any of the nightlies after 9.11. Taking a risk, I tried out Dharma last night and, presto, problem gone -- no more stutterSmile Now I just need to wait patiently for all the addons to be ported to work correctly with Dharma.
pe3k Wrote:WELL,

problem solved.

I installed an older version of XBMC (9.04) and it works nice now. now some plugins don't.. I'm looking forward to a new release of XBMC.. maybe the picture stuttering will be gone..
You should post a debug log of a current xbmc revision with a video playing, the stutter won't go away by itself.
There is no debug log no mention of video card or drivers in use, not useful report. There are also tons of topics and scripts to fix this type of problem... Hidden in plain sight.
gjlp Wrote:I had stuttering every few seconds on almost every video when I tried running any of the nightlies after 9.11. Taking a risk, I tried out Dharma last night and, presto, problem gone -- no more stutterSmile Now I just need to wait patiently for all the addons to be ported to work correctly with Dharma.

I had the same issue still on xbmc-r32178-Dharma.exe
The program stutters especially when scanning stuff to the library.
Tried xbmc-r32268-Dharma.exe last night, same thing.
It also stutters when playing my videos, 9.11 works fine.

Where can one find the xbmc nightlies release notes/changelog
Would be nice if there was a txt file Here for each one

Had to look and found aka changelog
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering picture0