XBMC, ATI HD Audio and PCM
I apologize if this has been answered already. I did a search, but didn't see much. It's difficult to narrow my thoughts into a few words Sad

I have an HTPC set up with an ATI 5450 card putting HDMI out to my receiver. I recently upgraded this from a 9400 Nvidia card which had a SPDIF connector going from the soundcard to the video card.

With my old setup, the receiver would get the audio data from XBMC and then process it accordingly. I would see DTS, Dolby or just 'stereo' light up on the receiver. This was especially handy with just stereo channels as my receiver would upconvert it and do a decent job faking 5.1 out of it. With my current set up (the ATI card), I get DTS and Dolby sent to the receiver, but if the signal is stereo it just says 'PCM' and all 5.1 channels are lit on the receiver...but only 2 are coming out.

Is there a way to tell XBMC to simply send out a stereo signal in this case? My receiver won't do any processing on a PCM signal.

EDIT: Figured it out. I set the speakers in Windows to stereo instead of 5.1. Now I get DTS and Dolby sent to the receiver properly and a stereo signal is sent as-is and upmixed on the receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, ATI HD Audio and PCM0