[WINDOWS] N64 Launcher question
Hi!
I have been trying to set up Launcher to run my N64 ROMS but no matter what arguments or emulators I use I end up staring at the emulator's main screen and with no game ever being loaded.
Is there another plugin/script I should look at, or is this just a limitation I will have to accept for the time being? I don't think it is a user error, as I have no problem with my any of my other launchers.
Sorry. I am sure this has been asked again and again, but i haven't been able to find an answer on here or on Google.
Ok, not sure this is the answer you were looking for but...

I recently came across Hyperspin - a brilliant frontend for all of your emulators and PC games (so good infact it's currently got me building my own arcade cabinet for it!). Anyway if you set that up for all your emu's you could then have the games button directly open Hyperspin. I just used the launcher plugin to open Hyperspin, if you then add it to your favourites in XBMC and then look at favourites.xml it will show you the code which you need to add in the skin under "Games". I'm using Transparency and the file you need to edit is /720/includes_home.xml

Hope that helps
Yeah, that sounds like it could work. If hyperspin can launch a n64 emulator full screen then that might be the route I have to take.
Thanks for your help!
I know Launcher can do N64 games fine. I don't have experience on Windows trying to get it to work though, just Linux. Have you tried different arguments when starting it?
TheDuffMan Wrote:I know Launcher can do N64 games fine. I don't have experience on Windows trying to get it to work though, just Linux. Have you tried different arguments when starting it?

Mostly just "-fullscreen" (without quotes). Snes9x works just fine with only that argument, but mupen, project 64, and others just take to my ROM list and don't even load the game I selected from Launcher. If I edit the config files I can get some of the emulators to launch fullscreen, but they still won't load the game (nullDC does this too).
I have a feeling now that it's something that I'm doing, but I just don't know what it is.
Have to say Hyperspin is the nuts - the more I play with it the more I realise you can do with it. Yes you can play any emu at full screen and it also has the added bonus of showing all your games by each system you have set up without having to exit and open another application (so you can browse roms by Dreamcast, N64, Playstation, MAME etc.). Takes a bit of setting up but once done you won't regret it. If you have a look at the home page there is a short video showing you what the main menu looks like http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/

Another added bonus is that by pressing escape in any game you will be directly taken back to the hyperspin main menu and if you exit that you'll be taken back to xbmc (if set up via launcher).

Happy gaming!
thanks everyone. i'm off to set up hyperspin now. this looks like a way better solution than what i was planning originally.
This is the only thing that worked for me when launching N64 games. You can thank digitalhigh:

Working N64 version

(Taken from here)
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:This is the only thing that worked for me when launching N64 games. You can thank digitalhigh:

Working N64 version

(Taken from here)

I sent him a PM a few days ago but i have yet to hear back from him. Hopefully I do soon because I really want to play Rogue Squadron again.
omdl Wrote:I sent him a PM a few days ago but i have yet to hear back from him. Hopefully I do soon because I really want to play Rogue Squadron again.

You can always just acquire it yourself like I did. it's out there somewhere
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:You can always just acquire it yourself like I did. it's out there somewhere

What kind of controller do you guys recommend, Im a newbie here almost done with Movies, TV and Music and will tackle my ROMS setup next
I use the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows with some standard wireless XBOX 360 controllers. Works great combined with the program xpadder
What do you all type in for the command arguments when loading the application on windows?
Jacksont09 Wrote:What do you all type in for the command arguments when loading the application on windows?

Personally I don't use any command arguments

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] N64 Launcher question0