• 3(current)
Library not updating with Dharma trunk
Hey,

Just wondering if there is any news on a possible solution for this problem?

Cheers.
It's still happening for me. I'm just navigating to file view, and running "scan for new content". hopefully it will be fixed.
Hi guys,

I have experienced the same annoying problem, and it took me some hours to find a solution, but finally succeeded. Try the following:

1) exit XBMC
2) delete the file MyVideos34.db in your ..\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database folder
3) also delete the whole content of ..\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\ folder

This worked for me, so I hope this will fix your problems as well. The only problem is that I have to complete this process quite frequently, actually after every time I add something.

So this solution is far from perfect, but more than nothing.

Good luck,

Coix
I tried deleting my database before and it didn't make any difference, never tried deleting the cache folder.
Coix Wrote:Hi guys,

I have experienced the same annoying problem, and it took me some hours to find a solution, but finally succeeded. Try the following:

1) exit XBMC
2) delete the file MyVideos34.db in your ..\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database folder
3) also delete the whole content of ..\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\ folder

This worked for me, so I hope this will fix your problems as well. The only problem is that I have to complete this process quite frequently, actually after every time I add something.

So this solution is far from perfect, but more than nothing.

Good luck,

Coix

Deleting the library isn't really an option.
If it's not an option, then you deserve it... :p
Coix Wrote:If it's not an option, then you deserve it... :p

I apologize for not explaining. It's not an option because the "most recently" is the most useful view for the library. By deleting the library, the most recent movie would be "Zathura" (why I've kept that is beyond me). So please, if you just want to be difficult then don't post. I'm trying to help myself along with other users experiencing the same issue.
Gordonx42 Wrote:I apologize for not explaining. It's not an option because the "most recently" is the most useful view for the library. By deleting the library, the most recent movie would be "Zathura" (why I've kept that is beyond me). So please, if you just want to be difficult then don't post. I'm trying to help myself along with other users experiencing the same issue.

OK, now I see why you wrote so. Thanks for the explanation, and sorry if I offended you.

I never use the "most recently" view, so I did not notice that deleting the cache affects this view as well.

The most important problem for me was that I could not add any new records to the database. THIS problem can be solved by deleting the cache.
Coix, even though your solution will fix the problem, as you said you need to do it everytime you add something new. Switching to files view and running scan for new content is a much better way of doing it.
I wonder if a script could be written that was run on launch that scanned which ever folder you set for new content that way wouldn't have to do it manually.

Still not a fix rather a work around.
Damn just happened to me today "TV Shows" wont update but Movies do! can this be fixed Sad

EDIT: Maybe its fixed now! looks like the TVDB was down or somethingHuh
Exact issue here, except on XBMC Live setup. See my post here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83360
I tried the idea of removing the sources and restarting again but have the same issue. Upon what appears to be a full scan, the software does not get all the TV show episodes that are in the directories. What do I need to delete, to delete the whole database and try to start again manually?
"Skipping dir due to no change (fasthash)"

Does anyone know what "fasthash" is?
Well for some reason last night I had even more issues. My tv library would not update, even scan for new content wouldn't work.

I had to browse to each episode bring up the context menu and select episode info for the new episode to show up in the library.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not updating with Dharma trunk1