• 4(current)
Library not updating with Dharma trunk
I can confirm this on both Dharma B2/B3.

Scan new content doesn't work either anymore.
Just updated to Dharma beta 4 and the issue still persists. I have a cron job (below)that runs every night. When I run it manually, it says " Skipping dir 'smb://SCMEDIA/Movies/' due to no change (fasthash)" Funny thing though, it seems to work for TV Shows. Whats the difference?

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This will update your Video library every day
xbmc-send --action="XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"
sireone Wrote:Just updated to Dharma beta 4 and the issue still persists. I have a cron job (below)that runs every night. When I run it manually, it says " Skipping dir 'smb://SCMEDIA/Movies/' due to no change (fasthash)" Funny thing though, it seems to work for TV Shows. Whats the difference?

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This will update your Video library every day
xbmc-send --action="XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"

Updated to Dharma beta 4 and it still exists for me too.
Gordonx42 Wrote:Updated to Dharma beta 4 and it still exists for me too.

same issue under win7 /dharma4 / mysql: this setup doesn't save the source type, which prevents the scan I guess

if I remove the advancedsettings.xml file, exit and restart xbmc, set the source file type, the scan works just fine

fixing the set content saving should remvoe this problem
Sadly I can confirm this issue is still there with dharma 4. Whats worse is it now seems that scan for new content does not always work.

Just wondering if any of the Devs are any closer to figuring this out.

Cheers.
Yea, I just noticed that one of my new movies wasn't being seen.

I changed the directory name and the file name by adding the year in Parenthesis at the end of the movie name to both.

I then cleaned my library, and then re-scanned.

I looked at my scan log, and it saw the new directory/movie, found it, looked it up, grabbed the plot synopsis and some other things and then kept on scanning. Never threw an error.

But it doesn't show up in my library. I'm thinking that maybe it's missing a thumbnail or some information gleaned from the file itself, so it doesn't show in the library mode? Maybe it glitched on part of the download from themovieDB? I saw it download lots of other correct information, so that should be in the database and have all the right info, but it doesn't show up in my library.

It's very odd. I just finished ripping all of the Harry Potter movies that I have, using all the same settings and naming conventions, but one of the six (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) just doesn't show up in my library.

I looked at all my automated scans that ran overnight and they all looked at the folder and saw no change, and just kept going.

Maybe there needs to be some error checking to see whether the movie actually can get pulled from the DB and shown in the library mode? Maybe a deep-scan option to look for and correct potential issues like this one?
Damn, I'm seeing this with TV shows now as well. I had to go into file mode, navigate to the specific show directory, and click "scan for new content" for it to be added. this is becoming very annoying.
Star 
kaiser423 Wrote:Yea, I just noticed that one of my new movies wasn't being seen.
Something like this happened to me... I just ignored it for a while, then to my astonishment I see a new movie, with a totally different name in my collection... on closer inspection of the path, it's the movie I lost, and is was scraped badly... a simple manual rescan and was healed. Find the movie in file mode and re-scrape, picking the cover etc..bet the name is not what you thought it was.
PatK Wrote:Something like this happened to me... I just ignored it for a while, then to my astonishment I see a new movie, with a totally different name in my collection... on closer inspection of the path, it's the movie I lost, and is was scraped badly... a simple manual rescan and was healed. Find the movie in file mode and re-scrape, picking the cover etc..bet the name is not what you thought it was.

But I saw it in the log being scanned as the right file, and the right info being downloaded....will try though.
Gordonx42 Wrote:...the most recent movie would be "Zathura" (why I've kept that is beyond me).

Your last movie should be 'Zulu'. Your collection is incomplete. Smile
kaiser423 Wrote:But I saw it in the log being scanned as the right file, and the right info being downloaded....will try though.

Manual rescan didn't work.

I went and deleted my MyVideso34.db or whatever that name was, and re-added my source.

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)" got found as Rifftraxs: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Looks like a joke (it's not in imdb). I could deal with the stupid synopsis, cover art, etc, but having it sorted in "R" sucks.

Selecting it, and doing a manual setup, my only option that it's found if the Rifftraks version.

The file "Unforgiven (1992)" (file and directory named the same) also, for some reason, returns the 2009 version of the movie rather than the 1992 version. I could manually correct that one though.

Edit:

I eventually got the Harry Potter to go by doing a manual search just for "Harry Potter", and then picking it out of the 20 or so returned results. I have no idea why it refused to reutn anything other than Rifftraxs.

If on moviedb.org, I search for "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" it returns Rifftraxs as the first movie, and the real movie as the second, but it didn't allow that option as a manual selection. Don't know why the (2004) addition to the directory and filename was not working. Nothing showed up in my log file.
pyramidd Wrote:same issue under win7 /dharma4 / mysql: this setup doesn't save the source type, which prevents the scan I guess

if I remove the advancedsettings.xml file, exit and restart xbmc, set the source file type, the scan works just fine

fixing the set content saving should remvoe this problem

found solution, guessing the problem:

see my post on this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post644604
I have found the reason as to why this is happening here. I have xbmc on a box in my livingroom, and all my media is stored on a server. On the server I have a bunch of disks with series and movie folders on them, all connected with junctions in one folder d:\xvid. This is to ease the access to my media on all the computers in the house. So i only have to map up d:\ on them to get access to everything on the server. The problem is that with junctions (you can read about it here if you dont know what it is http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm ) the "changed date" doesnt change when I add media to the the different folders. The date remains the same as it was when you first created it. What Ive done now is delete the junction and create a new one, this fixes the problem for ONE scan, new media added doesnt get detected.

This problem does not occur with series tho.. I'm not sure if its because XBMC searches in a different way there, or if its because of my folder structure;
seriesshare1\seriesname\season x\seriesname sxxexx.mkv
movieshare1\moviename (yyyy).mkv

Im guessing in the seriescase that it checks the "date changed" of each 'seriesname folder', and not the share itself which is what it does with movies here.

@jmarshall (or anyone cabable of answering this :p )
is there any way to disable fasthash? I don't mind if adding new movies takes 2 hours. I _could_ restructure everything and add shares from all the different disks, but that would mean having to start my library from scratch, and with the amount of movies and series I have its a huge task Sad So what I'm begging for is some sort of way to disable fasthash, a little command in advancedsettings.xml or something?

And yes I'm aware I havent added a debug log, as I wasnt sure if it was really needed here. I could up one at request tho, just have to edit it a bit first :p
Hello...

Have the same problem...movies library updating...tv shows doesn't...

One funny thing is that i don't have any sources defined and it still updates movies...tv shows doesn't...

It looks like sources are written somewhere in the mysql database (using 2 PC 1 NAS) because when i delete everything (db) i need to put some sources for xbmc to do updating, then it finds movies and tv shows...but after i add some new tv shows it doesn't update any more...new movies does...

here's the log when updating without sources defined....

http://pastebin.com/kXg7J2xk

EDIT: One thing else...when i go out of library mode and do scan for new content it doesn't do anything...i have tv shows as folder & shows in it(drive://tvshows/show name/season #/episode.ext)...but when i add the show folder as source then scan for new content is working...but update library doesn't...looks like recursive scanning is not working...it should be default for tv shows
Movies AND tv shows are no longer being updated. This "fast hash" clearly does not work.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not updating with Dharma trunk1