• 6(current)
Library not updating with Dharma trunk
jmarshall Wrote:Again, if a folder contains a subfolder then it will not be fasthashed on initial scan. Feel free to read the code yourself.

My shares where without folders, so I just added a folder called "test folder". I scanned the folder and then did a lib update. Checked the logs and still fasthash error. What I didnt understand was that I had to add the folder along with a new movie, so that when I scanned, it actually saved something to the videoDB, because from that point on it discovers all new movies I add to the shares =)

So for people with no folders in their share:
add folder 'test' to your share
add your new movie
open xbmc
_scan_ your share
notice movie getting picked up and library saved.
exit xbmc
add more movies to the share
start xbmc
_update_ library
watch how it adds your movies Big Grin

Thx for your help jmarshall, and sorry for not understandig this earlier =)
Q*bert Wrote:This problem with the library is only thing keeping me from a perfect XBMC system.

Frustrating...

Agreed!

Glad you got it sorted Darre, sadly my movies are in folder and have always been.

Movies seem to be more reliable than tv shows lately for me.
This looks like a completely random problem tbh.

I have 2 boxes running RC1 under Ubuntu 9.10, with the exact same share setup, and one of them updates both movies and tv just fine, the second one only updates tv shows.

I'm also using symlinks, and all movies/episodes are inside folders...guess I'll try what Darre suggested, before I move away from symlinks :/
Just want to chime in and say i have this problem as well... i upgraded from a very old build of xbmc to dharma rc1.

I'll post a log up sometime when i have free time.
Just noticed XBMC doesn't seem to be storing the settings for "set content". I check the box to scan regularly hit ok, then bring the settings back up and the box is unchecked.
The setting (which I agree is badly named - will see if I can come up with a better one) for "Run scan automatically" is a once-only scan.

Ideally we'd remove this and replace with a "would you like to refresh/scan" which happens anyway if you _change_ the scraper setting(s).

Will see what I can do - no promises it'll make Dharma as at this point we don't want to touch the code too much.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah no worries I only mentioned it as thought it might be part of the problem but if its a once only option then doesn't matter.

Cheers for replying.
I too am having this issue. Dharma RC2.

Junctions do not update.

Initial scan works and adds everything, including everything contained in the folder junctions.

Subsequent updates of folders that are junctioned do not work.

I too have my library spread over many different folders and hard drives.

I don't see any errors in the debug log, only:

00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040754176 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/' due to no change
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040725504 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_1/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040455168 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_2/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040455168 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_3/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040426496 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_4/' due to no change (fasthash)

In my case, VIDEO_ROOT is the share, and the HD_VIDEO_1, HD_VIDEO_2, etc. folders are the directory junctions. If I add files into the VIDEO_ROOT share directly, XBMC update picks up the new files. Files that get added to the directory junctions are not picked up during an update.

It would be nice if we can get this fixed.
acribb Wrote:I too am having this issue. Dharma RC2.

Junctions do not update.

Initial scan works and adds everything, including everything contained in the folder junctions.

Subsequent updates of folders that are junctioned do not work.

I too have my library spread over many different folders and hard drives.

I don't see any errors in the debug log, only:

00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040754176 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/' due to no change
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040725504 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_1/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040455168 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_2/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040455168 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_3/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:59:25 T:2955558912 M:2040426496 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://192.168.1.50/VIDEO_ROOT/HD_VIDEO_4/' due to no change (fasthash)

In my case, VIDEO_ROOT is the share, and the HD_VIDEO_1, HD_VIDEO_2, etc. folders are the directory junctions. If I add files into the VIDEO_ROOT share directly, XBMC update picks up the new files. Files that get added to the directory junctions are not picked up during an update.

It would be nice if we can get this fixed.

I set up separate shares for each folder across all my hard drives and everything works fine now.

This is definitely a reproducible problem (changes to folders set up as junctions in windows smb are not picked up) and will hopefully be fixed at some point in the future.
Actually it's unlikely to be fixed unless there's a way to identify the case. As said before in this thread, it only affects junctions and only if there are no folders in the junction share on initial scan. As I'm sure you can agree, this is a tiny set of users that would fall into this case. That said, if there's a way to reliably identify this case (eg detect that a "folder" is a junction) then we can add support.

All other cases work just fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Actually it's unlikely to be fixed unless there's a way to identify the case. As said before in this thread, it only affects junctions and only if there are no folders in the junction share on initial scan. As I'm sure you can agree, this is a tiny set of users that would fall into this case. That said, if there's a way to reliably identify this case (eg detect that a "folder" is a junction) then we can add support.

I now finally understand what you have been saying in this thread all along. I will create a subfolder in every junctioned folder called 'Movies' and move all my files in there and redo everything. That should fix the issue since date changes should apply to the subfolder when files are added and removed.

Thanks for the reiteration!
jmarshall Wrote:Actually it's unlikely to be fixed unless there's a way to identify the case. As said before in this thread, it only affects junctions and only if there are no folders in the junction share on initial scan. As I'm sure you can agree, this is a tiny set of users that would fall into this case. That said, if there's a way to reliably identify this case (eg detect that a "folder" is a junction) then we can add support.

I don't believe this is the issue I am having. As far as I'm aware I am not using junctions, I have mapped my network drive from a user share from unraid. And the shares contain folders for each movie and tv series.

Forgive me if I have misunderstood you.
Sad 
I don't think that this is the solution.
I have another strange behaviour with Dharma RC2 while updating my TV library.

This is my situation:

I have a fileserver with all my movies an TV-seasons on it. On my mediacenter (Windows 7) I mounted the SMB share like this:

z:
- movies
-- movie1.avi
-- movie2.avi
-- movie3.... etc
-tvshows
--married with children
---season 1
----married with children.s01e01.avi etc...
---season 2
----married with children.s02e01.avi etc...

The movie library is updating fine. But whenever I make a TV-Show update XBMC only finds the first season of ALL TV-Shows on the share.
The strange thing is, that the installed XBMC Dharma on my iMac works fine with the same SMB share. The library updates perfectly there.
So is this a windows specific problem?? Or did I get something wrong?
el_don Wrote:I don't think that this is the solution.
I have another strange behaviour with Dharma RC2 while updating my TV library.

This is my situation:

I have a fileserver with all my movies an TV-seasons on it. On my mediacenter (Windows 7) I mounted the SMB share like this:

z:
- movies
-- movie1.avi
-- movie2.avi
-- movie3.... etc
-tvshows
--married with children
--season 1
--married with children.s01e01.avi etc...
--season 2
--married with children.s02e01.avi etc...

The movie library is updating fine. But whenever I make a TV-Show update XBMC only finds the first season of ALL TV-Shows on the share.
The strange thing is, that the installed XBMC Dharma on my iMac works fine with the same SMB share. The library updates perfectly there.
So is this a windows specific problem?? Or did I get something wrong?

not sure if thats gona work but in Settings_> Video_> Library_. Flatten TV Shows [Select "Never"]

Cheers,
EG.
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this didn't help.
I am sure that the settings on both XBMCs (Mac and Windows) are the same.
Any Otter suggestions? Thanks so far...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not updating with Dharma trunk1