CApplication::Create() failed
T-T

I've had this problem too, just randomly :I It worked yesterday, then I moved some new videos into my tv show folder, named them correctly, and tried to launch it, but it pops up with that thing :/

I've reinstalled a few times, uninstalled hamachi, everything, and I can't get it to work ;-; sorry if the obvious answer was already stated but I didn't really find anything that helped me in this thread.
I received this error when trying to run portable for the first time. I took ownership of the XBMC folder and it went away.
Just reformatted a computer and can not get XBMC to start, installs fine. I have tried reinstalling 10.1 2 times and just installed Eden Beta 2, still no a go. I have searched around for the "CApplication:: Create() Failed" seems like a lot of differnet reasons for the same error.

http://pastebin.com/KM7cwsDg

^that is my log V That is where it seems to go wrong

23:11:06 T:2336 WARNING: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - initial wanted device config failed
23:11:06 T:2336 ERROR: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - unable to create a device. 8876086A - D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (Not available)
23:11:06 T:2336 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system
23:11:08 T:308 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect

Thanks for any help in advance
The relevant log entry is;

NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, adapter 0.

You haven't installed the drivers for your video card so Windows is using the default "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" driver and this won't work with XBMC.

JR
I have the same problem, but have installed the latest intel graphic driver for
945 chipset and directx 9.0c running.

The log only shows "noticed" logentrys and on fatal error CApplication.
Please copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here. My telepathic remote log viewer add-on appears not to be working at the moment.

You may also wish to manually turn on debug logging to increase the detail in the log. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

and click OK, and Notepad will open. Answer Yes when it asks if you want to create a new file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad, then close Notepad and save the changes.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Now try and start XBMC, and when it crashes post the log on pastebin.

JR
Sad 
I have been using XBMC for several weeks. I put my friend onto it and we could not get it to work on his machine. After going through everything on this forum we still could not get it to work. I told him it had to be a hardware incompatability issue, and to get a new video card. Then all of a sudden and with no change of my system, I started getting this same error and can't fix it.

It would seem that this is an on going error over several years and is still not resolved. It is still a very cryptic error message. I wonder since this is such an ongoing issue, why can't the program be adjusted to better analyze the problem and give a more specific error report?SadConfused

I have no other options other than those suggested here, and like many people, I can't get it back working again.

Now what?
My post immediately above yours explains what info we need to help with the problem.

JR
I got the same problem as some others. Does anyone have a solution? Would be muchas appreciated.
I posted the log file at http://pastebin.com/jxnXTx9L

Thanks!
The error is:

FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system

though I must admit I can't see why you're getting that error. Your video setup looks fine. Try deleting the XBMC settings. In the directory where you found the xbmc.log there's a folder called userdata. Delete or rename this and try running XBMC.

It might be worth manually installing the DirectX runtime. I think http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 is the most recent version.

JR
I have the same problem.
Log here: http://pastebin.com/QikB7cZi

I have manually installed the DirectX runtime.
I have installed the latest driver for my graphics card.

Anyone that knows what is wrong?
Thanks! Smile
Hi guys,

After installing XBMC on my computer running windows server 2003, I had the same error when starting:

CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system

I updated the video drivers and updated directx without luck
Then i ran Dxdiag and went to the tab display. There i noticed that directdraw acceleration and direct3d acceleration were both turned off.

When I activated those XMBC started.

Hope this helps for you guys!
every time i get this error,

Code:
XBMC Error:

CApplication::Create() failed - check log file and that it is writable

i shut down google chrome and then xbmc works again. no idea what's going on.
I was having this same issue - I got this running on a VMware VM by doing the following:

(why do I want it on a VM? My HTPC's aren't on all the time - they're in sleep when not in use... my main media server is a ESXi 5.0 Update 1 box running multiple VM's, including unRaid and a Win7 VM that runs Sab/Sick/Couch/Headphones etc. - MySQL is on the unRaid box for library sharing, and XBMC is also running on the Win7 VM purely so Sick/Couch can update the library as soon as something is downloaded)

- Ensure the VM's virtual video card is allocated enough video memory (I used 128mb, maybe you can get away with less?)
- Ensure the VM's virtual video card has the 3D Graphics - Enable 3D support box checked
- Ensure VMware Tools is installed in the VM, which should install the VMware SVGA 3D (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) driver
- If VMware Tools doesn't install that driver for some reason, you can manually install it - it will be located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\wddm_video

The above will allow you to run XBMC initially in Fullscreen only via the vSphere client. Once that's done, you can then start XBMC, switch it into windowed mode, and then it will work via RDP. Hopefully this is of some use for anyone out there that wants to set up something similar!
I have the same problem.
Log here: http://pastebin.com/a7LyP3wM

I have manually installed the DirectX runtime.

Thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CApplication::Create() failed1