XBMC Remote starts by itself?
Sometimes I can see XBMC remote in my task manager software even though I haven't started it. Why is this?

That can't be good for system resources, battery life and maybe 3G costs if you connect to your XBMC-systems via 3G.

I just now restarted my phone but I didn't see any XBMC remote. Maybe something has changed, I recently upgraded from an older version which I had manually installed to the current one on Android Market.
You have to actually push the menu key and then exit to quit the program (same with many android apps) if you just keep pressing back then it stays background running
Novin Wrote:Sometimes I can see XBMC remote in my task manager software even though I haven't started it. Why is this?

That can't be good for system resources, battery life and maybe 3G costs if you connect to your XBMC-systems via 3G.

I just now restarted my phone but I didn't see any XBMC remote. Maybe something has changed, I recently upgraded from an older version which I had manually installed to the current one on Android Market.

This is due to the way Android handles events. We registered us as a receiver for incoming calls and sms (to show it on the tv and pause playback) and if such an event occurs, Android starts the remote. If there is no connection to XBMC, nothing happens, if you unchecked the option, nothing happens, if you remove your task manager software, nothing happens Wink

I hate those task managers...

Maybe we could add that to the FAQ, freezy?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote starts by itself?0