• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Cirrus
DataFran Wrote:Hi Crookas!

I love this skin, and each refinement makes it better.
One thing, though, I liked the "recently added" box for new TV shows better in 1.1.4 than in 1.1.5. Can you make each an option? I liked how it looked significantly different from the Movies box, and I think episode titles displayed as text is more useful for TV than fan-art, though YMMV.

Thanks!

--
Francis

You could also diff the XMLs and patch it back in yourself Smile. Less work for the maintainer.

Crookas, I haven't had any chance to check yet (out of TV for a bit), was my patch of any use to you? I didn't see anything related in your changelog.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
.:B:. Wrote:You could also diff the XMLs and patch it back in yourself Smile. Less work for the maintainer.

Crookas, I haven't had any chance to check yet (out of TV for a bit), was my patch of any use to you? I didn't see anything related in your changelog.

Yes thanks .:B:. I included your patch in the new release plus a few others I found where the labels were hardcoded rather than localized.

In regards to your comment about the xmls and someone preferring the recently added in 1.1.4 - just replace the new IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml with the old one from the last version.

Thanks for your support .:B:. !!
Cool Smile. It's the least I can do Wink.

Hope to see your skin soon in the official repos Smile.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Very nice, I'm going to give it a try!

Would also like to see some sort of "Coverflow" view for movies as an alternative to your Fanart View (the fanart is really nice, but the covers are way too small). Transparency! and Backrow both have very nice (but different) implementations.

Would also like to see the TV fanart view support wide-banners across the bottom instead of the show thumbnails, also a similar implementation is in Backrow.

Otherwise this looks really slick and I'm anxious to give it a whirl!

Cheers
The REAL Joe
gav1577 Wrote:Hi Crookas great work Smile loving Cirrus. Any idea what happened to the normal bluray covers and the bluray logo? like here in this pic http://img829.imageshack.us/f/27293526.png/

I noticed that too. Quick (and dirt) workaround
Search for Includescodecflagging.xml

Replace
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,blurrrray)</visible>

Just below
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,hdvd)</visible>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,hddddddvd)</visible>

or suppress the whole part from
<include name="VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions">
to include

I guess this is a design decision to replace bluray icon by hdv720 hdv1080
Anyway, many thanks crookas this is a beautiful and very clean skin you gave us.
Hi crookas, I may have asked this before but it might have been lost in the shuffle.

Is there anyway to have the skin startup and have the home menu be focused on either TV Shows or Movies?

Right now when I start up it is focused on Programs, near the end of the list.

Thanks again for this awesome skin.
RazorFR Wrote:I noticed that too. Quick (and dirt) workaround
Search for Includescodecflagging.xml

Replace
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,blurrrray)</visible>

Just below
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,hdvd)</visible>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,hddddddvd)</visible>

or suppress the whole part from
<include name="VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions">
to include

I guess this is a design decision to replace bluray icon by hdv720 hdv1080
Anyway, many thanks crookas this is a beautiful and very clean skin you gave us.

Thanks RazorFR Wink that saves me some messing about. Btw anyone know how to get the original bluray cases back? not really liking the clear cases.
gav1577 Wrote:Thanks RazorFR Wink that saves me some messing about. Btw anyone know how to get the original bluray cases back? not really liking the clear cases.

Personal preference - I *hate* normal bluray cases :-) The standard clear cases are much better and innocous IMHO.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:Personal preference - I *hate* normal bluray cases :-) The standard clear cases are much better and innocous IMHO.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Lol good for you Nod
I tried this skin, and it is *very* nice. I can see it supplanting my current go-to (Transparency) with just a few more tweaks. Here are some of my suggestions, take 'em or leave 'em:

1) Would still like to see Coverflow and Banner mods for both Movie and TV fanart views as I suggested when I first saw the screenshots.

2) When displaying the Movie or TV show detailed info window, it would be better to clear the GUI (except for Fanart) from the previous display, because the text of what was on the OSD previously gets overlain by a new semi-transparent window, which leaves the original OSD/text still somewhat visible and looks messy/distracting

3) Same goes for bringing up the info bar while a movie is paused - it overlays the pause bar which remains semi-visible below and looks messy.

4) When using the "Recenely Added" view for movies, there's only one view available (Wall iirc) - would like all of the same views as with regular library available (including, did I mention, Coverflow? :-).

5) As pointed out in a message just above, the Bluray Icon falls off the OSD, could do a general clean up of icon and info placement in many of the screens, in numerous cases they are either off or inconsistent, but that's likely just a case of early development that will come as things get tweaked.

6) When viewing Movie Info Details, there's no button for Cast like in most other skins - would like to see that functionality

7) Also in Movie and TV Show Details, would like to see the file path/name (helps to troubleshoot network problems with multiple machines that have multiple harddrives in them (I have 4 machines with about 20 HD's serving video via Windblows SMB shares, sometimes I need to know exactly where a particular file is sitting).

That's about all I can remember for now.

I LIKE IT SO FAR!

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Love this theme. Now made it my default. Hope it get's updated regularly.
therealjoeblow Wrote:I tried this skin, and it is *very* nice. I can see it supplanting my current go-to (Transparency) with just a few more tweaks. Here are some of my suggestions, take 'em or leave 'em:

1) Would still like to see Coverflow and Banner mods for both Movie and TV fanart views as I suggested when I first saw the screenshots.

2) When displaying the Movie or TV show detailed info window, it would be better to clear the GUI (except for Fanart) from the previous display, because the text of what was on the OSD previously gets overlain by a new semi-transparent window, which leaves the original OSD/text still somewhat visible and looks messy/distracting

3) Same goes for bringing up the info bar while a movie is paused - it overlays the pause bar which remains semi-visible below and looks messy.

4) When using the "Recenely Added" view for movies, there's only one view available (Wall iirc) - would like all of the same views as with regular library available (including, did I mention, Coverflow? :-).

5) As pointed out in a message just above, the Bluray Icon falls off the OSD, could do a general clean up of icon and info placement in many of the screens, in numerous cases they are either off or inconsistent, but that's likely just a case of early development that will come as things get tweaked.

6) When viewing Movie Info Details, there's no button for Cast like in most other skins - would like to see that functionality

7) Also in Movie and TV Show Details, would like to see the file path/name (helps to troubleshoot network problems with multiple machines that have multiple harddrives in them (I have 4 machines with about 20 HD's serving video via Windblows SMB shares, sometimes I need to know exactly where a particular file is sitting).

That's about all I can remember for now.

I LIKE IT SO FAR!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Thanks for your feedback, its appreciated
1. I'm in process of getting both banners on the fanart view and coverflow. Next update hopefully
2. I like it like that, but will take your suggestion into consideration
3. I agree that this on is a problem ,should be an easy fix so I'll put that up the top on my lst of things to do.
4. See my response to #3, and wow, you really love that coverflow hey!
5. I'm removing the bluray icon altogether - I don't think its needed when you have the res flags plus I'm also gong to change the way the covers display so that it is dependant on the resolution, not the file name hack that it currently is. If you could provide some more detail or even screenshots about mis-aligned elements that would be a big help.
6. I removed the cast button because the movie info window lists the cast without having to press a button to see it.
7. the whole idea when I started this skin was to keep it simple and friendly, you can always mod that in yourself.
gav1577 Wrote:Thanks RazorFR Wink that saves me some messing about. Btw anyone know how to get the original bluray cases back? not really liking the clear cases.

I got rid of the code for the original bluray covers as I decided that most skins have them so I wanted to do something a bit different. Plus I hate them! Sorry! Big Grin
Crookas Wrote:I got rid of the code for the original bluray covers as I decided that most skins have them so I wanted to do something a bit different. Plus I hate them! Sorry! Big Grin

Ya! We're on the same page there.

The REAL Joe
Crookas Wrote:I got rid of the code for the original bluray covers as I decided that most skins have them so I wanted to do something a bit different. Plus I hate them! Sorry! Big Grin

Thats a shame thought it was a good idea to let the user choose which one to use. Im sure alot of others liked the original cases too, oh well plenty of other good skins to choose from

Good luck with your
skin
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cirrus6