• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Cirrus
itstvman Wrote:I love your skin. It's my new favourite. Thanks for the good work.
Is it possible to insert it as an addon?

Not yet, but I'm working on it
Crookas Wrote:Thanks for your feedback, its appreciated
1. I'm in process of getting both banners on the fanart view and coverflow. Next update hopefully
2. I like it like that, but will take your suggestion into consideration
3. I agree that this on is a problem ,should be an easy fix so I'll put that up the top on my lst of things to do.
4. See my response to #3, and wow, you really love that coverflow hey!
5. I'm removing the bluray icon altogether - I don't think its needed when you have the res flags plus I'm also gong to change the way the covers display so that it is dependant on the resolution, not the file name hack that it currently is. If you could provide some more detail or even screenshots about mis-aligned elements that would be a big help.
6. I removed the cast button because the movie info window lists the cast without having to press a button to see it.
7. the whole idea when I started this skin was to keep it simple and friendly, you can always mod that in yourself.

#2, when the movie info window comes up and overlays the previous windows (eg. fanart), if the display doesn't clear, then you get 2 sets of info icons (resolution, audio, studio, etc) showing up on screen - the ones that were at the bottom left in the original view (dimmed by the overlay), and the ones now in the foreground view a bit higher and to the right. Also, the year and time at bottom right conflict with the dimmed underlay view. IMHO, still I think this is messy and could be cleaned up by clearing the bulk (if not all) of the initial screen info before the detailed info overlay comes up.

#3, the info bar and the control bar share 90% of the view and info in common, they almost look like dupes of eachother; the pause bar is completely different. However, the info bar and control bar display in different spaces (bottom and top of screen), while the pause bar displays at the bottom, conflicting with the info bar. Perhaps a more unified way of doing it would be to have the info bar and control bar share the same space (bottom of screen?) and the pause bar go to the top, then the displays would look better and not conflict with eachother, and the info bar and control bar could be tweaked to just change out the appropriate icons, but leave all of the other info displayed without changing those positions - it would be more seamless.

#5, misaligned elements - this was mostly related to when the pause bar and the info bar come up overtop of eachother during playback, and the progress indicators and some of the same text (title, time, etc) change position; and also, when viewing listviews of *very* long titles (eg. with video addons and listing long podcast titles), using the left-aligned text chops off both ends of the text so reading the list is very difficult.

#6, removing the cast button severely limits functionality - even though the actors are displayed, the text-only list looks messy to me and is hard to read, and I can't go through the actors to get more details, and search for additional movies that I have in my collection starting those people - this feature is lost completely. I use it a lot and would guess a lot of others do too. I'd really like that feature back.

#7, I guess I could make that mod myself, but it would be a nice added feature that would only take 1 line at the bottom of the info overlay, maybe you could just make it an option?

One more thing - I found that with Cirrus as my skin, if I leave XBMC running overnight (no movie or music playing, just the prog itself running), then the UI is dead the next day (no display, it's totally black, but it still appears to work, since when I click arrow keys, I can hear the sounds, just no UI coming back to life) and I have to use TaskManager to kill XBMC, which trashes my user settings XML file, and I have to reconfig XBMC from scratch. This doesn't happen to me with Transparency or Confluence, just Cirrus.

Cheers and thanks!
The REAL Joe
This skin is great work! It's been my default skin for quite some time already...

I found a small bug however - the British certificate/rating symbols 'PG' and '15' don't work properly. Digging through the includescodecflagging.xml I found these (my suggested changes bold - they might be wrong).

Line 192 (in version 1.1.5) probably should be:
<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:PG)</visible>

And I think line 216 should be:
<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:15)</visible>

All the other certificates officially in use work correctly (except the recently retired 'Uc' renders as 'U', which doesn't bother me).
nordstar Wrote:This skin is great work! It's been my default skin for quite some time already...

I found a small bug however - the British certificate/rating symbols 'PG' and '15' don't work properly. Digging through the includescodecflagging.xml I found these (my suggested changes bold - they might be wrong).

Line 192 (in version 1.1.5) probably should be:
<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:PG)</visible>

And I think line 216 should be:
<visible>substring(listitem.mpaa,UK:15)</visible>

All the other certificates officially in use work correctly (except the recently retired 'Uc' renders as 'U', which doesn't bother me).

Thanks, nice pickup. I've fixed it for the next update, which should be coming soon...
Am I wrong or is the TV show logo not being used in the fan art view? If you have the overview of the series in fan art view, the tv show logos will show, but when you select a tv show and have the separate episodes listed, at the bottom right you'll just have the TV displayed (as if there were no TV show logo).
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Wow, great looking skin, been using Transparency for awhile now, just saw this one and going to give it a try.

TC Nod
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
.:B:. Wrote:Am I wrong or is the TV show logo not being used in the fan art view? If you have the overview of the series in fan art view, the tv show logos will show, but when you select a tv show and have the separate episodes listed, at the bottom right you'll just have the TV displayed (as if there were no TV show logo).

This seems to be a problem I've struggled with since the start. I'll take a close look at the code and hopefully sort it out once and for all.

FYI The TV is a fallback image for when a logo is not available and for some reason when on the episodes level it doesn't find the logo properly.
smilenkovski Wrote:Thanks for the simple, clean and beautiful skin. What about trailers? Is there trigger in library. It will be very nice if in Fanart view in movies (library) to watch trailer in the fanart windows (small fanart). I think that people avoid to watch trailers fullscreen because of the low quality of the files (mostly 480 if you are lucky). thats why I'm suggesting smaller fanart window for trailers, if triggered.

Any news on this? I would second this feature request. Playing a trailer windowed would be great. I love the way how it is done in "Transparency".

Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Crookas Wrote:This seems to be a problem I've struggled with since the start. I'll take a close look at the code and hopefully sort it out once and for all.

FYI The TV is a fallback image for when a logo is not available and for some reason when on the episodes level it doesn't find the logo properly.

Good to know it's not a glitch that only I am experiencing Tongue.

Thanks Smile.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
just found your skin and I love it! RightListView is perfect !
Any chance of LeftListView? Wink
First: I love the skin. Almost perfect.

Is there a way to change the video resolution icons? That's the only thing I really dislike.
I like it clear and simple (a nice 720 or 1080 icon).

Easy to update?
Really liking Cirrus,but there's one thing missing. In movie info, can you either make it so that you can navigate up to the cast list or add another button down by the trailers button that will bring up the the cast list. Two reasons for this: so we can scroll through the entire cast list and also so as to allow us to click on an actor and see all the movies we have with them in it.

Most skins do this and clicking on an actor is a great XBMC feature IMO. Any chance this can get added?

Also, I'd like to second joebanana's request. The resolution icons are hard to decipher. My wife is always asking what it is (you'd think she'd learn by now Rolleyes ).

Again, love the skin.
Trying out skin and liking it alot,

One thing though, i got xbmc to scan for new content on start up and when it does this it displays the progress of the scan at bottom right.

The problem im having is that when i play a film/show whilst the scanning is taking place the progress box is still dispayed bottom left over the movie/show.

Is this normal and is there an option to set it so its behind the movie/show whilst a scan is in progress and not visible when im watching something.
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
I really have to say i love this skin.
Here just 2 issues i've noticed:
- "i" info in tv shows @ season level shows fanart instead of poster
- no trailer window if you want to see a trailer, it appears only in fullscreen or in the background.
Anyway this skin rocks. Thank you.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cirrus6