Upgrading to Dharma builds, where did keymap go?
I had an old nightly build installed. Then I installed xbmc-r32268-Dharma.exe which has the new add-on system etc. I finally went through the job reconfiguring skin and re-added all video sources etc, since there seemed not to be an upgrade option.

However I'm now annoyed that my remote does not work 100%. E.g. I cannot get the OSD in Video mode, but it works in Music mode ... When attaching a keyboard, I now need to press 'm' to bring up the OSD.

what happened to my keymaps?
it's keyboard.xml in the /xbmc/system folder.
why is it OSD <m> suddenly? ive used dozens of build and never seen the 'm' key used.
clutch Wrote:why is it OSD <m> suddenly? ive used dozens of build and never seen the 'm' key used.

Can't answer that except to say sometimes things change, but you can edit it to be whatever you want. With XBMC I've come to understand that time to time something I'm use to changes out of nowhere and I gotta jump on here to figure out what happened.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77844
i dont get it. ive never had to use <m> before, and I see that my old backups of xbmc still has the
<FullscreenVideo>
<m>OSD</m>

which has always been there. now, why does it suddenly use the 'm' key. is there some kind of global thing i can override?
Edit the "m" to something you like?
clutch Wrote:i dont get it. ive never had to use <m> before, and I see that my old backups of xbmc still has the
<FullscreenVideo>
<m>OSD</m>

which has always been there. now, why does it suddenly use the 'm' key. is there some kind of global thing i can override?

The <FullScreenVideo> Enter key was mapped to the OSD action until fairly recently, but was changed to Select a few builds back. This is because the ability to jump to a time in the video has changed. You now enter the time as hhmmss and press Enter/Select to jump. Try it and see. I think it's a lot nicer than the previous somewhat clunky jump facility.

M has always opened the OSD and still does. You can easily set the keymapping for Enter back to OSD by creating a custom keyboard.xml in your userdata\keymaps folder. I posted the details a few days ago in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77844

Later: ah, I see you found that thread. It isn't really a case of using different keys for the OSD in different sections. The official key for the OSD has always been M. At some point the Enter key was also mapped to OSD (which doesn't seem terribly logical to me).

JR
I have trouble getting the edited keymap.xml to work

I run XBMC using c:\util\xbmc\xbmc.exe -p which uses c:\util\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

It seem like xbmc does not read this keyboard.xml at all. Still only 'm' key works for OSD. What do I do wrong?

My userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml:
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<return>OSD</return>
<enter>OSD</enter>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
It should be labelled Keymap.xml not keyboard.xml/
well i tried to rename it to XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml but still no go.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=573912&postcount=7 says that I had the correct name ?
capital K for Keymap.xml not keymap.xml

-=Jason=-
oh i found the reason. i analyzed the debug log and found that they somehow had introduced a portable_data dir now.

so i had to use XBMC\portable_data\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to Dharma builds, where did keymap go?0