power on
LeechNL Wrote:I also have the same issue of the taskbar being in front.

This problem only occurs for me when I awake my HTPC from sleepstate with a "magic" packet. Turning the htpc on from a power off state means no issues, awaking it from sleep state and then using the launcher means I have the taskbar in front.

I do not use the launcher, but have the same problem. I knew the problem was intermittent, but thanks for pointing out it only occurs after a sleep condition.

So I reboot and the problem goes away. Then I put it to sleep, woke it up, and the problem is still gone. Hmmm. Maybe I've done something to fix it, or more likely there is some additional requirement to cause the problem.

FWIW, instead of the launcher, I use MCE Controller, which allows me to both start and operate XBMC from my iPhone with an app called iRuleathome.

Anyway, the solution of last resort is to simply reboot (some things never change) which I can also do from the iPhone.
Hey guys, I got this all working and xbmc launches fine but the program, xbmc launcher, crashes as soon as xbmc is launched. No mention of crash in the log or anything...
Any ideas?
Windows 7 x64..

Thanks..

Got it sorted out...
Thx for the great work!
spoock1 Wrote:Hey guys, I got this all working and xbmc launches fine but the program, xbmc launcher, crashes as soon as xbmc is launched. No mention of crash in the log or anything...
Any ideas?
Windows 7 x64..

Thanks..

Got it sorted out...
Thx for the great work!

I have this issue to, how did you solve it?
e2zippo Wrote:I have this issue to, how did you solve it?
I found that if the WOL special package is sent again, it causes the program to crash.
I could use the power button on xbmc remote to close xbmc. Then close the xbmc remote in the iphone multi tasking, then re launch the xbmc remote and poof. Xbmc launches.
It launches xbmc when xbmc remote starts up and does not require you to use the power button because the wol packet is sent automatically as xbmc remote is started.

AVG has since determined that this program is malware however....
At last I managed to reproduce taskbar showing in front of xbmc problem - I installed xbmc on other box and in settings -> system -> video output there was selected "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen", after disabling it I got rid of this problem.

For guys with crashing problem: what is last log message? pastebin.com please Smile
Hi, thanks for writing an app to help everyone out with this problem. I'm unfortunately one of the ones having problems. The launcher app doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've tried with the computer awake and with the computer asleep, and running the xbmc remote app doesn't launch xbmc.

Running windows 7 x64 and latest version of xbmc remote. Am I missing something? I put the xbmc launcher in the install directory of xbmc, ran as administrator, chose the correct path to xbmc, quit, then re ran as a normal user. No luck.

The concept is great, launching xbmc from the remote app, hope that you have some ideas!
Incomming connection can be blocked by firewall

Just try disable firewall (if You don't have dedicated firewall installed then go contol panel->system and security->windows firewall and on left pane pick turn on/off firewall

If it will launch after this then You will have to add program to exceptions in firewall - there will be option on left pane near "turn on/off firewall"

Let me know how it went!
Ya, I thought it might be that, but no dice. When I first launched the program I got asked to add an exception to the firewall, which I did. I double checked and the exception was successfully added. Also tried disabling the firewall, but when I did, the program still didn't work, and I also couldn't connect using the android remote.

I also tried disabling AVG virus protection just in case, but no change.

Any other thoughts?
PS, I'm also using another utility by the same name to let the green button on a media center remote open xbmc instead. Could that be creating a conflict? Doesn't seem likely, but thought it would put it out there.

http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote
Could You post log from my app? Should be in same dir as app itself.

You can also double check if ports are same in android xbmc remote (WOL Port) and port in app config file.
Unfortunately the log doesn't give much info.. have a look below. It just says waiting and never receives a response. The port for xbmc remote is 8080, and I've also pasted my config file beneath the log. Using the default port 9 for WOL.

I also tried moving the program out of the program files directory as I was concerned that maybe UAC in windows 7 was interfering. But no change.

Really appreciate you being willing to look into this. I know you just created this to help everyone out in your spare time, and hate to ask for support. And it's much appreciated.

log
>>
12/04/2011 12:34:12
12:34:12: XBMCLauncher couldn't find XBMCLauncher_cfg.xml - new one is created.
12:34:25: Waiting for WOL packet

config
>>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<wake_on_lan_port>9</wake_on_lan_port>
<path>C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe</path>
<bring_window_to_front_mode>1</bring_window_to_front_mode>
</Config>
Ok, did a bit more research... installed WoL Wake on Lan Wan to send the WOL packet. That successfully launches xbmc but then the xbmc launcher crashes. Crash details below.

Also, just as an aside, I changed the config file to point to the xbmc launcher program mentioned in the thread above and when I point to that program using WOL, XBMC launches full screen and in focus. But if I change the config to point to XBMC directly, I have the same problem others mentioned regarding the taskbar showing up or XBMC showing up behind other windows.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: xbmclauncher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4c8d41ea
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a275e12
Problem Signature 07: 3a7d
Problem Signature 08: 13a
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
One more detail. I downloaded a magic packet sniffer and ran it while using the wol android app, and the magic packets were detected and shown. When running XBMCLauncher and launching the android xbmc remote, I didn't see any packets detected.

Currently I'm running from within a private network so I have the firewall rule for XBMCLauncher to accept connections from within the private network but not from outside. Tried allowing it from public networks as well, and no luck.

Hmm, just scratching my head on this one. Anyway, will keep using the MCE remote for the time being.
Hello there!. Ok finally I found you! I also wish I could wake on my pc with my remote app, have a break of 7seconds as you mentioned to launch then automatically xbmc. I understood some things, but could not manage it. I give a short brief of my situation:

1. I have WOL in enabled stance in BIOS.
2. Boot from LAN is disables as I assume its not necessary.
3. I have the launcher.exe (many thanks for your effort btw!!!) downloaded and copied into the installation folder of xbmc in win XP.
He generates than a config file and asks me do tell a target (or path). I choosed the xbmc.exe file. Nothing happened. ?

I also have the problem not to revealed any ON/OFF button in the android app I use. How should I trigger my PC without any on/off on the remote app?

Please could you be so kind and summ up all the steps I must do to reach the goal?

Means waking up the computer from off-position, clean start up of win xp, clean launch of xbmc. And power off maybe?
My english is rather limited and my technical knowledge even worse. I appreciate your efforts and wish I could bring in some opinion, but I am a nit when it comes to technics. All I know is you made something very useful.
Many Thanks and Best Regards
Ok I came a bit further. I copied a shortcut of cfg file to autosart. (In my autostartfolder was only one more shortcut "windows search". I hope I have taken the right folder)
Then I opened the cfg in a normal way (before I took a copy, renamed it to .txt an than opened again in order to edit)
When I opened it normally I got explorer opened with:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <Config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<wake_on_lan_port>9</wake_on_lan_port>
<path>C:\Programme\XBMC\XBMC.exe</path>
<bring_window_to_front_mode>1</bring_window_to_front_mode>
</Config>

Iwas not able to edit but!! I think I must add my dedicated port numbers and so on, isnt it?
How can I edit that explorer window?
Thank you!! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
power on1