power on
Hi Pieh,
I have re-worked your code to fix some of the issue I was having.

For interested folks (Require .NET Framework v4):
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-wol-launch...e&can=2&q=

v0.1.0
  • Added a Notification Area Icon to control the Listener
  • Several change on the Thread Side of the code.
  • Fixed Crash when XBMC was already running
  • Other bugs fix.
  • Filter request using Mac address on multi XBMC environment in order to avoid all XBMCs to fire up at once (now Proper MAC need to be setup on the remote).
  • Feature: Allow to Launch XBMC as "TOP MOST" windows. This is a work around to avoid Windows task bar to stay on top after XBMC's startup on certain configuration. Although I haven't figured out why it seems to be more related to XBMC itself. As suggested by Pieh check <settings -> system -> "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen">.
  • Feature: Start XBMC directly from the notification Icon by double clicking on it or within the menu.
  • Feature: Enable/Disable the listener.
  • Feature: Change XBMC Path from within the menu.

I've open a Google Code Project for it.
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-wol-launcher-for-windows/

BR
VeV
VeeV Wrote:Hi Pieh,
I have re-worked your code to fix some of the issue I was having.

For interested folks (Require .NET Framework v4):
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-wol-launch...e&can=2&q=

v0.1.0
  • Added a Notification Area Icon to control the Listener
  • Several change on the Thread Side of the code.
  • Fixed Crash when XBMC was already running
  • Other bugs fix.
  • Filter request using Mac address on multi XBMC environment in order to avoid all XBMCs to fire up at once (now Proper MAC need to be setup on the remote).
  • Feature: Allow to Launch XBMC as "TOP MOST" windows. This is a work around to avoid Windows task bar to stay on top after XBMC's startup on certain configuration. Although I haven't figured out why it seems to be more related to XBMC itself as I don't have the issue with EDEN.
  • Feature: Start XBMC directly from the notification Icon by double clicking on it or within the menu.
  • Feature: Enable/Disable the listener.
  • Feature: Change XBMC Path from within the menu.

I've open a Google Code Project for it.
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-wol-launcher-for-windows/

BR
VeV

I just tried this and it works perfect. I had to set up the XBMC path on installation and after that I can open XBMC with the Android Remote app and it stays full screen, top of all windows.

Thanks!
Thanks, but when I power on (PC started) and have other windows open, the other windows are in front of the XBMC. The Start menu is also shown.

I tried "top most" as well. Same thing.
Have you tried this?
As suggested by Pieh check <settings -> system -> "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen">.
VeeV Wrote:Have you tried this?
As suggested by Pieh check <settings -> system -> "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen">.

Thanks man, it worked when I disabled it.
Just want to say thanks for all this guys. I have been wondering about a "power on" button for Windows.

Will try these tonight.

VB, would you be able to post a step by step setup instructions? Just so I don't mess it up as I'm bound to do lol.

Cheers
Can anyone help me i keep getting this, and xbmc wont launch

"1:09:23 AM: 1:09:23 AM: Another process is already listening on UDP port (9)."

Well the message is clear you have something that already use that port Smile

To find what open a CMD then use the command : netstat -ano | find ":9 "

Then at the right you'll find a number this is the pid of the offending app just use task manager to find witch one it is.

You can also try Yatse with it's Xbmc Starter that allow easy Xbmc start / bring to front from the remote (and potentially change the port used)
Windows 7?
I know that I had this problem as well and I had to disable a windows feature to be able to successfully bind to Port 9. I'll check later tonight.
Do you have "Simple TCP/IP Services" enabled on the machine (Configuration -> Programs -> Enable/Disable Windows Features)?

I have written an application as well by the way which achieves this, but I was way later Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101040
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-08-10, 11:11)Tolriq Wrote: Well the message is clear you have something that already use that port Smile

Then at the right you'll find a number this is the pid of the offending app just use task manager to find witch one it is.

You can also try Yatse with it's Xbmc Starter that allow easy Xbmc start / bring to front from the remote (and potentially change the port used)

Is there a way to assign another port in the cfg? I can't seem to find the program using the "9" on my machine.
(2012-08-10, 11:11)Tolriq Wrote: Well the message is clear you have something that already use that port Smile

After i posted last night it wouldnt work, then it suddenly worked, rebooted my pc tonight, and its claiming something on port 9 again.

When I do the cmd line check it says pid 2136 I believe, when I ctrl alt delete and check for that pid, nothing is listed?
(2012-08-10, 13:46)HenryFord Wrote: Windows 7?
I know that I had this problem as well and I had to disable a windows feature to be able to successfully bind to Port 9. I'll check later tonight.
Do you have "Simple TCP/IP Services" enabled on the machine (Configuration -> Programs -> Enable/Disable Windows Features)?

I have written an application as well by the way which achieves this, but I was way later Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101040

I disabled simple tcp/ip after i tried enabling it, the power on option disappeared. Came back after disabling simple tcp/ip

I tried your application not sure what it does, but its listing its launching xbmc, but its pointing to the wrong location on my 64 bit windows xbmc is located in program files (X86)..
I doubt this will get looked now Sad but I was using this and it was working completely fine, but recently I did a factory reset on my phone and now I cant get it to work after reinstalling from scratch.

I can control XBMC through the android remote just fine, but I cant launch it using this.

I get this in the log over and over each time I press the power on button through my phone:

11:56:40 p.m.: 11:56:40 p.m.: Remote sent WOL Packet on listening port [packet lenth 102]
11:56:40 p.m.: 11:56:40 p.m.: [0000000000E0] Magic packet doesn't match host MAC Address: Ignoring WOL request
11:56:40 p.m.: 11:56:40 p.m.: Now listening on UDP port 9
11:56:56 p.m.: 11:56:56 p.m.: Remote sent WOL Packet on listening port [packet lenth 102]
11:56:56 p.m.: 11:56:56 p.m.: [0000000000E0] Magic packet doesn't match host MAC Address: Ignoring WOL request
11:56:56 p.m.: 11:56:56 p.m.: Now listening on UDP port 9
11:56:59 p.m.: 11:56:59 p.m.: Remote sent WOL Packet on listening port [packet lenth 102]
11:56:59 p.m.: 11:56:59 p.m.: [0000000000E0] Magic packet doesn't match host MAC Address: Ignoring WOL request
11:56:59 p.m.: 11:56:59 p.m.: Now listening on UDP port 9
11:57:00 p.m.: 11:57:00 p.m.: Remote sent WOL Packet on listening port [packet lenth 102]
11:57:01 p.m.: 11:57:01 p.m.: [0000000000E0] Magic packet doesn't match host MAC Address: Ignoring WOL request
11:57:01 p.m.: 11:57:01 p.m.: Now listening on UDP port 9

ideas? afaik im using the correct MAC address...
(2012-11-17, 04:00)salsa Wrote: 11:57:00 p.m.: 11:57:00 p.m.: Remote sent WOL Packet on listening port [packet lenth 102]
11:57:01 p.m.: 11:57:01 p.m.: [0000000000E0] Magic packet doesn't match host MAC Address: Ignoring WOL request
11:57:01 p.m.: 11:57:01 p.m.: Now listening on UDP port 9

ideas? afaik im using the correct MAC address...

I'm assuming 0000000000E0 represents your XBMC system's MAC that you've masked for privacy here? If so, try using another computer to submit a WOL magic packet with this MAC (the actual one shown in your log) and see if it wakes up your XBMC system.
that's actually what shows up as my real MAC adress under ipconfig /all that I totally forgot to mask now that you mention it :|

then again, there has to clearly be something wrong with that address.. right?
(2012-08-11, 12:00)Ghostdivision Wrote: I disabled simple tcp/ip after i tried enabling it, the power on option disappeared. Came back after disabling simple tcp/ip

I tried your application not sure what it does, but its listing its launching xbmc, but its pointing to the wrong location on my 64 bit windows xbmc is located in program files (X86)..
Sorry for not responding sooner: In the config-file you can define where you're XBMC is located.

However, in regards to your problem:
The Mac-Adress 0000000000E0 is definetly not valid and usually represents some virtual devices in Windows.
Here is the output for "netstat /all" on my PC:
Code:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : VA-LI-DM-AC-AD-RE
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : nope(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : nope(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : nope
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : nope
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : nope
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : nope
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : nope
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap:
(..)

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : nope(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : nope(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

As you can see, my "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" has a valid MAC (I changed it fort his post obviously though Wink ) while the "Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9" has not. You have to make sure that you're using the MAC from the Ethernet adapter.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
power on1