• 13(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
elitegamer360 Wrote:Ohhh and Its best to use Maxthon3, Safari, Firefox, iPhone or Google Chrome for best viewing experience, I just could not make Internet Explorer 8 work lools Maybe with IE9 things will be better Rolleyes

Can't tell the difference between Chrome and IE9 beta. Looks slick though, thanks for your work!
NotShorty Wrote:Can't tell the difference between Chrome and IE9 beta. Looks slick though, thanks for your work!

Haha, thank you! IE8 gave me trouble so did not bother with IE9 testing lol.

On my side I've been and still a loyal user to Maxthon for many years, that's why I mentioned it first. Since the release of Maxthon3 which is based on the webkit it's been awesome browser "chrome like but more powerful I say Smile", however Maxthon2 is still based on Trident and suffers from IE8 problems.

Any ways not to bother you with the browser talk, I say Thank you for your nice comment. Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.
Hi guys, I want to simply stop XBMC from reacting to mce remote. I will use EventGhost later to configure all the buttons.

How can I do that? I went to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Video\XBMC\system\keymaps
opened keyboard.xml
and deleted few lines under
<!-- ****************************************************** -->
<!-- MS Media Center keyboard shortcuts sent by MCE remotes -->

but XBMC still responds to my remote. What can I do to stop XBMC from responding to my remote?
Zodler Wrote:Hi guys, I want to simply stop XBMC from reacting to mce remote. I will use EventGhost later to configure all the buttons.

How can I do that? I went to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Video\XBMC\system\keymaps
opened keyboard.xml
and deleted few lines under
<!-- ****************************************************** -->
<!-- MS Media Center keyboard shortcuts sent by MCE remotes -->

but XBMC still responds to my remote. What can I do to stop XBMC from responding to my remote?

No, do not mess with XBMC's Keyboard.xml!

Just download plugin.program.mceremote-1.1.0.zip go to this folder in the zip file \resources\data and apply "CreateTestConfig.reg" then restart.

This will stop your remote from interacting with XBMC "sort of", although some buttons just might because of the combinations used.

I say after doing that just check your remote if a button still sends something to XBMC just use MCERemoteMapper.exe to remap that button to something XBMC do not use "some random letters+alt etc..." Remapping Options

I am just trying to help you now, but I can create an MCE.reg file KILLER tomorrow if you want! Its just that I am going to sleep now lol.

Cheers,
EG.
Thank you for the information. Here is what I came up with.
I have a Asrock remote (nuvoton w836x7HG CIR) HID

I accidentally discovered that if I use one of your reg files with one entry, it disables all the buttons but the button press events are still logged in EventGhost. This is exactly the behavior that I wanted. So I made a reg file like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
"ReportMappingTable"=hex:\
0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power - left at Windows default, use "04,04,3d" to send alt-F4

I also tried to use a reg file like this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]

I said maybe this will disable all the buttons, it did but the eventghost wasn't able to catch any events from the remote anymore. So for EventGhost to capture, it needed at least one key assigned, so I kept the power.

However this has caused one problem for me. All my keys now send an event to EventGhost except 0! The key 0 doesn't send anything! How come?
Zodler Wrote:Thank you for the information. Here is what I came up with.
I have a Asrock remote (nuvoton w836x7HG CIR) HID

I accidentally discovered that if I use one of your reg files with one entry, it disables all the buttons but the button press events are still logged in EventGhost. This is exactly the behavior that I wanted. So I made a reg file like this:

0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power - left at Windows default, use "04,04,3d" to send alt-F4

I also tried to use a reg file like this:

I said maybe this will disable all the buttons, it did but the eventghost wasn't able to catch any events from the remote anymore. So for EventGhost to capture, it needed at least one key assigned, so I kept the power.

However this has caused one problem for me. All my keys now send an event to EventGhost except 0! The key 0 doesn't send anything! How come?

Great you managed to come up with this I did not even think of it yesterday.

Please note this thread is not for Eventghost help, even if I tried to help you I would not know how because I do not know how to use Eventghost. This thread for help with how to use MCE remotes without 3rd party applications and not the other way round.

Please use this thread instead it's dedicated to The use of MCE remote with Eventghost. I am sure people who use eventghost will know how to help you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595

Thank you.
EG.
Thank you I will look into it. I don't think this is related to EventGhost. It's about changing and manipulation the windows registry which is directly related to this thread and what you do.

I think there is something wrong in that registry manipulation that I did that stops 0.
Zodler Wrote:Thank you I will look into it. I don't think this is related to EventGhost. It's about changing and manipulation the windows registry which is directly related to this thread and what you do.

I think there is something wrong in that registry manipulation that I did that stops 0.

The problem that you deleted all the registry settings and you only left the power button in the intention of using eventghost. I honstly do not have a way to tell you how to solve your problem! I have no idea why "zero" will not work in eventghost honstly.

If you intend to use the registry settings then there is ways to troubleshoot and get to the root of the problem. But the way you are doing it I really cannot do any thing about it :-)

What I suggest is download the MCE Remote plugin using XBMC add-ons then you can apply the default windows MCE settings then that should not stop you in any way working with eventghost. Atleast that way all the buttons should send something then we can go from there :-)

I suggested you go to the other thread because you might be doing it the wrong way and there are instructions that should help you without going deep in an unrelated issue.

Cheers,
EG.
Oh my, I just read the first post and then look at the topic saying "the easy way". How messed the xbmc can really be with it's remote support?

In media portal I get the perfect mce remote support like this: Go to config and check the "mce remote" checkbox. Done.
Hello, thanks for all your work on the remote side. Must say that I was a bit disappointed that XBMC did not have better native support. Anyways, with your settings everything works.
However, one of the reasons for me to try out XBMC is the Android remote. I installed this app after applying your settings, so I don't know if it is a result of this, but in the Android app all the stop and nect buttons etc don't work. I can only start a song, but not pause or stop. Could it be a result of your settings?

Edit: sorry guys. Disregard my question. Forget to tick the box about letting other systems control XBMC. Now it works perfectly. Very happy.
I've added a new info for reference about the "Back button" acting like an "instant replay" when watching videos like ExGemini called it, thanks to him for reminding me about it.

Find the step by step info here, a feature that's nice to have on your remote.

Cheers,
EG.
Hi all,
I can't get this to work. I have the GP-IR02BK remote (link), said to be a Microsoft compliant remote, Windows 7 64bit and Dharma RC2.

In device manager I have "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" under Universal Serial Bus controllers, a little different than what the guide says I should have. I see the infrared receiver light up as I press buttons on the remote but nothing happens in XBMC. I applied the registry changes and downloaded the modified keyboards.xml file. Another thing, I can't get ShowKey.exe to work, no matter what buttons I press it never does or shows anything

So you may think my remote is broken but this works perfectly in Ubuntu and even IR Server in windows (I would use IR Server but I can't get the buttons to do what I want).

Please help!
BklynKid Wrote:Hi all,
I can't get this to work. I have the GP-IR02BK remote (link), said to be a Microsoft compliant remote, Windows 7 64bit and Dharma RC2.

In device manager I have "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" under Universal Serial Bus controllers, a little different than what the guide says I should have. I see the infrared receiver light up as I press buttons on the remote but nothing happens in XBMC. I applied the registry changes and downloaded the modified keyboards.xml file. Another thing, I can't get ShowKey.exe to work, no matter what buttons I press it never does or shows anything

So you may think my remote is broken but this works perfectly in Ubuntu and even IR Server in windows (I would use IR Server but I can't get the buttons to do what I want).

Please help!

According to this Wiki your control 4th one down the page should work with no issues.

Windows must've not installed your driver correctly. Try and go to the device manager and uninstall the driver under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and hit "scan for new Hardware changes". This will reinstall the remote receiver for you.

And double check that you have the driver "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under "Human Interface Devices" otherwise you will not be able to configure your remote using the Registry configuration if windows can not install it for some reason.

If you still can not find the driver, uninstall "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" again unplug your usb receiver restart and plug it back again and see what happens.

Cheers,
EG.
BklynKid Wrote:Hi all,

Please help!

Also Try to use different usb ports which is directly connected on the motherboard, sometimes front case usb extensions suck! Or Are you using a cheap-ass usb extenstion cable? lol Laugh I'm asking because once I used one which stopped my usb IR receiver functioning Big Grin

let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
EG.
Yes!!! That worked, thank you so much for your reply!

I simply uninstalled and then re-scanned and when it came back I had a Human Interface Device and after a reboot (and re-applying the .reg file) all was well!

Awesome, look at me, using my remote...! Nod Big Grin
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15